No announcement yet.

AWDBOB's Newest AWD- Heidi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see you're back in a iX! Are you sticking with stock internals (other than the cam) with the ITB's? Did you drive the car back the to Philly or did you have it delivered?

Comment

Originally posted by Zreberlcoe View Post
      I like where this is going! My dads '88 IX is what got me into E30's, so I have a soft spot for IX's. Very nice!!
      Right on! My first E30 was an iX, as was my second, and now my third. I think I'm partial at this point :o

Originally posted by Sade View Post
      Nice ix :)
      Thanks, Sade!

Originally posted by Nisse Järnet View Post
      Do E82 fit fine in the front?
      Yep! Passenger side is a hair weird, but nothing crazy. I'll post pictures when I get 'em!

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
      Glad to see you're back in a iX! Are you sticking with stock internals (other than the cam) with the ITB's? Did you drive the car back the to Philly or did you have it delivered?
      Me too! Stock internals would be a yes! I really just want to bump up response without sacrificing reliability/longevity, and all of my previous experiences with built motors (specifically strokers) seem to point away from that. Excess stress on rod bearings due to increased rod angle, excess wear on skirts, etc are all things that come into play once you increase stroke without increasing deck height (or rod length). You always have the option of moving the wrist pin up and fitting a longer rod to compensate for stroke, but then dwell is increased, skirts are shorter, blah blah blah. Tons of people do it successfully, I just don't feel like going through the hassle this time around.

And I was working out the plans to fly out/drive back, but ended up getting a great deal on shipping so I just decided to have it shipped.
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

keeping the DB's or swapping?

1991 325i
        flickr
        @sambhaskins

Comment

Originally posted by smhskns View Post
          keeping the DB's or swapping?
          Can't decide....... I have plastic bumpers already, just don't know if I want to make the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
            Can't decide....... I have plastic bumpers already, just don't know if I want to make the switch.
            Do it!
            I'm trying to make the switch to plastics on my zinno '85 eta

1991 325i
            flickr
            @sambhaskins

Comment

Keep the DBs but tuck them. There is something authentic about the metal bumpers, plus if you track it, you can just take them off real quick!

Comment

I loveeeee it man! My Ix was in the same condition as that when I got her???I love the plans you have for it! and would prob add euro bumpers to that list if it were mine! Looking forward to seeing updates!
                www.instagram.com/snwmble
                #snwmble

Current:
                '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

That looks pretty nice. How did you find that?!
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by smhskns View Post
                    Do it!
                    I'm trying to make the switch to plastics on my zinno '85 eta
                    I honestly like the metal bumpers. I'll eventually throw the late model stuff on and see if it looks alright.

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                    Keep the DBs but tuck them. There is something authentic about the metal bumpers, plus if you track it, you can just take them off real quick!
                    I really do like the look of them. I think the metal bumpers flow very well with the iX flares too.

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
                    I loveeeee it man! My Ix was in the same condition as that when I got her???I love the plans you have for it! and would prob add euro bumpers to that list if it were mine! Looking forward to seeing updates!
                    Thanks dude! And absoultely, Euro bumpers would look sawheeeeeeet. Parts are arriving left and right, so hopefully this weekend I'll have ample time to start restoring this pig!!

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                    That looks pretty nice. How did you find that?!
                    Thanks, man! I'm an eBay scowler, and sniped some guy for $50 on there.

I'm the guy you hate haha. I contacted the owner in advanced for pictures of problem areas and maintenance records before the purchase, though.

Comment

That would be why I missed this car. I rarely prowl eBay...though I probably ought to now, considering how nice your car looks!
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                        That would be why I missed this car. I rarely prowl eBay...though I probably ought to now, considering how nice your car looks!
                        There are some great deals to be had on eBay! This is the second iX I've sourced from eBay. I let my buddy buy the other, but it was a clean '88 that snapped a tbelt, got it for $850. Put a head on it and it's been going strong ever since.

Comment

I found my Ix on eBay and snagged it hours after it was listed.

Off topic, awdbob...h20 meetup? Driving down w my buddy's e30 m3 and e92
                          #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
                            I found my Ix on eBay and snagged it hours after it was listed.

Off topic, awdbob...h20 meetup? Driving down w my buddy's e30 m3 and e92
                            eBay is where it's at if/when you get lucky.

And I'd be down for an H20 meetup! I'm not 100% sure I'm going to make it, but I'm going to at least make an appearance. If/when I get down there, I'll be with my old iX too. Would make for a sweet little photoshoot between the four.

Comment

#snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

I like where your head is at but those bumpers won't bolt up to your car. Those are for early cars with small taillights. Your car has the facelift larger taillights and therefore can bolt on plastic bumpers. The reason ECS says it will work is because some early EURO only iXs had smaller taillights before they did a facelift and brought the iX to the states for MY 1988.

Comment

Working...
                                X