• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment Sent!

$125 for e30 non M Coupe w/ sunroof.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks one and all! I'll order the cloth today, which means I'll be able to start on them next week. They will be shipped out the following week (second week of April).

Any questions/concerns, just post em here or pm me.

Thanks,
      Rob
      A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do- Walter Gagehot

Comment

Rob,

I will pay this week, waiting for tax refund...
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

All - the headliners, SR panels and shelf covers went out today and should be in your hands in a week, give or take.

This thread has some good info on installing the headliner. It should be big in all proportions, so don't be surprised if you have to clip here and there. Also, I purposely did not cut holes for things like map lights - if I'm a 1/2" on my cut, or you on the install, you'll have a hole where you don't want it. When you need to make a cut for a hole, just make an X from corner to corner and tuck in.

For the SR panel, the muslin flaps on the back wrap around and get glued to the inner support structure (you'll see this when you remove the old one).

For the rear shelf cover you should lay the whole cloth over, then fold half back. Glue the backside of the 1/2 the cloth and the 1/2 of the shelf, then carefully lay to the two together. Repeat for other half. Try to do this with another person so you can really pull and smooth the material as you lay it down. Then cut holes as you need to (for brake lights or speakers) - best to use a razor blade and cut and X across the opening, then glue/staple the triagles of the X to the back of the shelf.

Thanks one and all!
          Rob

Comment

Hey people post some pics of these installed!!!

Comment

I should have mine installed June-ish. Thanks, Rob.
              Slicktop City!

Comment

Just got mine in the mail, along with a rear shelf cover. I am going to look for a shop to do the install, would rather have someone who's done this many times do it than me screwing something up.

Material looks and feels good.
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Am I able to get one of this or I ran out of time?

Comment

Group buy is over, but I can make them any time at reg. price. Pm me for if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by rscheiring View Post
                      Group buy is over, but I can make them any time at reg. price. Pm me for if you're interested.
                      what is the regular price?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ball325 View Post
                        what is the regular price?

Thanks
                        $175 for microfiber, $375 Alcantara....

Comment

pmd
                          Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
                          Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

Headliner Setup

This is a little off topic from the group buy but still pertinent to headliners. So my original setup for my 1987 325is coupe had a sunroof but the sunroof has since been deleted. I need to know what hardware I would need to install a headliner for a coupe without the sun roof and where to find said hardware?

I have the grommets and the metal headliner bows for the rear half that come with the sunroof models

I also still have the sunroof cassette still in the car. It looks like it shouldn't cause any clearance issues with a new headliner, but would I need to cut out the cassette? I've pulled the sunroof motor, lines, rails and other hardware that won't be used anymore.

Any advise on this little project would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

you should start a thread of your own, you bumped a 10 yr old thread...

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                                you should start a thread of your own, you bumped a 10 yr old thread...
                                For real, I think thats the worst thread bump I've seen.
                                My Garage
                                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Working...
                                X