In tank fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In tank fuel pump

Received a new pump (via eBay) that looks like it got damaged in shipping. The bottom piece broke off but it looks like a clean break. Worth trying to glue it together? If so what would you recommend to use and will it withstand the long term sitting in gasoline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bottom peace screen does come off. I would put back together. You don't need to glue it.
    Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
      The bottom peace screen does come off. I would put back together. You don't need to glue it.

It's on there extremely loose. To the point if you move it any, it falls right off. Any concerns that it would fall off on the tank?

Comment

AWD > RWD

Comment

There is supposed to be a tiny philips head set screw holding that on. Is it missing?

Comment

I actually have my old fuel pump still laying around. Just took a look at it, comparing it to your pictures it looks like the bottom cap off the pump with the strainer came off? If you flip the strainer over, is the phillips head screw still in there? I think you might have to either exchange or get some fuel resistant epoxy in that case to reattach the bottom cap with the strainer to the pump. I don't think that Amazon sealer would be strong enough, I'd go with an epoxy.

Also, when I wanted to take my old dead fuel pump apart for fun getting the bottom cap off actually cracked the side, so it definitely was not loose.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo55 View Post
              I actually have my old fuel pump still laying around. Just took a look at it, comparing it to your pictures it looks like the bottom cap off the pump with the strainer came off? If you flip the strainer over, is the phillips head screw still in there? I think you might have to either exchange or get some fuel resistant epoxy in that case to reattach the bottom cap with the strainer to the pump. I don't think that Amazon sealer would be strong enough, I'd go with an epoxy.

Also, when I wanted to take my old dead fuel pump apart for fun getting the bottom cap off actually cracked the side, so it definitely was not loose.

Thanks everyone, appreciate the input. I looked at the screw and this is to hold the bottom piece in. Unfortunately it came off above it so glue of some sort is the only way to go.

Comment

Ended up returning the the pump instead of messing with the glue. Picked up a used one but unfortunately its off the late model e30. Doesn't look like I can much with it since it only has one line in.

I'm holding the one I pulled out.

Comment

I have one with two lines for sale. Pm me if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderzol View Post
                    I have one with two lines for sale. Pm me if interested.

Thank you but all set here. Ended up picking one up and the car is back running.

Comment

Working...
                    X