In for update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
      1998 e36 328ic/5 -
      Roundie alpina pig cheekā€™d (1969)
      1967 2002 parts car
      1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Subscribing, I want to see if you can get that primer all off!
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

you can, but it might be a lot of elbow grease. might be worth it to go to home depot and rent a worker for a few hours
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

So small but significant update: just ordered my TRM EWS delete flash and sent them my ecu. Hopefully get this thing running sometime this week!

If the EWS delete doesn't do it I'll be calling on the e36 gods for help.

-NICK

Comment

Wow, this is rad. Sub'd. Let's see the rest of the primer melt off and this thing fired up.

Also - what part of LA are you moving to/working at? I'm in DTLA.

-Sina

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Thank you for saving this beauty! M3/4/5 are what dreams are made of! If you need any miscellaneous parts just shoot me a message and I'll hook you up. I parted out an entire M3 not too long ago (don't worry its spirit is living on in my E30 :-D)

Comment

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

-NICK

Comment

Ok so the EWS delete got her running!

Fixed all the ghetto wiring with solder and heat shrink. Connected the green/black wire from the iginition to the yellow/black wire to the starter. This bypasses the EWS module for the delete.

While I had the soldering iron out I also bypassed and cleaned up the clutch switch bypass. No more no start BS for me! :D

A couple things I notice now:

-Blower motor does not work at all. Going to have to figure that out.

-Oil pressure and alternator cluster lights are not lighting up with the key in position 2. Any ideas on this? Look back at my picture of the cluster the alternator light was for sure working. Did I forget to plug something in? Idk. Don't want to run it much with no oil pressure warning...

-NICK

Comment

Nice!! Now you just have to get all that spray paint off
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Welcome to the club:nice:

Click image for larger version

Name:	10876379_551179261681_1835556469_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	7190582

I need to do that clutch bypass. I didn't realize it was that easy to do.

Comment

Wow, turning out to be a sweet deal! Very curious to see how the paint is underneath that primer! Subscribing because I support my fellow Cosmo m3/4/5 brother's!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Subbed!

Comment

So I have a few updates but they don't really mean much. No real progress has been made with respect to the goal of doing burnouts... I mean daily driving.

I borrowed a couple of DS2s from my dad so I could get the car on the ground and rolling around. The clutch feels good which is a bonus, but I've really only driven the car about 8 feet.

The style 32s were rubbing the crappy front coilovers so the helper springs had to go.

Then I found this awesome little guy.

Don't buy cheap parts kids, and please understand torque values.

Pissed that my suspension was crap I decided to focus a few minutes on the interior.

I busted out the Tough Stuff and got to scrubbing and turned this:

Into this:

Not bad! I actually like the two-toned dove door cards.

Then I scrubbed the steering wheel a bit and got it looking pretty decent.

I still have to actually vacuum and clean the seats really well but I want to sort other things before I get there. This quick clean was just to prove to myself that the interior still had some life left in it.

Fixed my lack of an oil pressure light with a new switch. Now I'll know when I'm about to blow up!

I then decided to investigate why my battery/alternator light on the dash was failing to illuminate. Most of my online investigation led to the conclusion that the voltage regulator was most likely to blame. So I pulled the alternator.
                              Yuck.

Hmmmmm this looks a bit dead...

Now we are talking!

Buttoned everything back up, and alas! Wasn't the voltage regulator :(

Then i did a little voltage test, and discovered that the alternator when connected caused a massive draw. Must be a big short internally. Oh well! New alternator is on the horizon.

Oh yeah I also turned the car into a track car. NBD

That's all for now.

-NICK

Comment

Nice rescue! Glad to see it's coming back to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X