RIP 318is, long live 325is that will actually be a 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP 318is, long live 325is that will actually be a 318is

So I recently lost my 318is to an accident and picked up this 325is with a bad engine.

And now it looks like this.

But anyways the plan is to swap everything off of my 318is in to this chassis. So far i have just removed everything from both chassis and hope to start putting stuff back on tomorrow. But in the mean time here are a few of the last pictures of my 318is.

And then not 4 hours later this.

And now she looks like this.

Anyways didn't make a thread for the 318 so I figured I would make one for the new beast.
    (OO=[][]=OO)

shame about the old car, but look at the bright side, the vulva lip died in the crash too
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

wow are you ok? that looks like a brush with death.
      the m20 can be made to be amazing, torque and soul. im hoping you keep it.
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        shame about the old car, but look at the bright side, the vulva lip died in the crash too
        Volvo lips are indestructible lmao, that thing could just be bent back into shape.

Comment

Fixed that for ya!

Originally posted by E30_Narek View Post
          Volvo's are indestructible
          but Damn dude, glad you're okay. That thing looks mangled, was there any damage to the m42? It looks pushed pretty far back from the pictures.
          -Dee
          5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
          IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Volvo lip made it Haha. The m42 made also just broke the power steering pump mount.

Working with a buddy of mine to fix that issue.

The motor mounts broke so the engine is sitting funny for sure.

As for the wreck the crazy thing is I was only doing 20 mph when it happened. But no one was hurt thankfully.
            (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

But sticking with the m42 because I just rebuilt it a year ago and it is pretty strong. M44 bottom end with m42 head and s/m52 cam trays and lifters that I modified for the 4 cylinder with a light weight m20 flywheel.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk
              (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

I just parted out a m42 e30 and I might have the mount if you want me to look

Comment

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
                  You happen to have the airbox? The mount is part of the upper oilpan. If you have one let me know.

(OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Wow, this is the opposite of my project right now! Me: bad M42 coming out of a rough looking black 318is and being replaced with an M20 from a white 325. You: bad M20 coming out of a white 325 and being replaced with an M42 from a rough looking black 318is. Sad to see a slicktop 318is die.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    [CoTM: 4-18]
                    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                    - updated 3-17

Comment

That's pretty funny. Thankfully no slick tops were harmed. Mine had a sunroof.

(OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Sorry about the 318is, but where did you find a clean late e30 shell in Houston?

Comment

From Brodee here on the forum. He is a good friend of mine. He was storing it for a friend that moved to California.

(OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

headliner

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
                            hey bro I'm looking for a headliner with sunroof do you still have it?

Comment

Originally posted by ajp340 View Post
                              hey bro I'm looking for a headliner with sunroof do you still have it?
                              Sure do. Right now I am focusing on getting the new car running before I start parting but I will let you know when I do.

(OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Working...
                              X