New from Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from Canada

Picked up an 85 325E a week or two ago now and pretty excited to start turning this into a weekend warrior for open lapping/autoX car. 350xxx km young with a rebuild 100k ago. I've been lurking the forums for a little now for wheel/tire sizes for track/ street use (15x8 C1's with a 225/45 RS3's). I have no problem rolling the fenders to make these fit… hopefully they will without flares.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :D

Goals
    Seat time
    wheels/rubber/fender rolling
    brakes (suggestions? I have yet to search these out yet)
    LSD
    dampers/springs
    885 head swap.
    Somewhere along the line I imagine I have a bunch of bushings to replace lol.
    Recommended vendors to check out in north america?
    Only have a few pictures so far but I will be tucking the diving boards, trimming the bumper skirt surround and throwing on a different valance/lip that I have in the garage

Welcome to the forums!

If you weren't aware, there is an "Ontario E30" Facebook group with some local cars.

I've subscribed to your thread, and look forward to updates!

Comment

E30 Dad bod -> beach bod

Spring is here, the car is back form storage and ready to abused lol. First up is a little weight loss.
      The beginning

The weigh in of tar - 35 lbs (there was handful of small pieces I vacuumed up also)

The weigh in of the spare -31 lbs 8 oz

The weigh in of the jack - 6 lbs 11 oz + 1 lbs for the tire iron not pictured.

And the tools of the trade being a tiny sledge hammer, crow bar and shop vac with the end result for now.

No pictures but the previous owner had a trailer hitch also that just tipped the sales at 10lbs

Total weight loss - 84 lbs! I won't be including the carpet as I plan to keep that installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post
        Welcome to the forums!

If you weren't aware, there is an "Ontario E30" Facebook group with some local cars.

I've subscribed to your thread, and look forward to updates!
        Thanks, I've tried joining but no luck on someone accepting lol

325i motor picked up for a swap instead of the 885 head swap.

Finally unloaded the 89 325i motor, harness and ECU. Just needs some attention while she's out, timing belt, water pump, maybe head gasket and an AFM, as it is missing!

Also, planning to keep the eta 5 speed trans with this motor if I can ever get a definitive answer on the single vs dual mass flywheel/ 323 TOB bs sorted lol

Comment

225's on TRM C1's should fit, no problem. Might need a little roll up front, but maybe not.

If you're looking for used parts without going to the US, check out the FB group "Canada BMW Classifieds"
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Hey looking forward to following along. I live in London, On and have a 1990 325ic auto right now, gathering parts for the sawp. I recently joined the facebook group mentioned above. Took some time for the admin to accept but very good place to watch/meet ppl with E30

Comment

Yeah the admin of that group owns a small Euro speedshop here in Halifax that built/races an S54'd E36 GT3 car. I don't think he spends as much time on Facebook as most of us, so that's probably why it was slow.
              I think the group is set for members to approve their friends though, so as it grows this should become less of an issue.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by plnnsmpl View Post
                Hey looking forward to following along. I live in London, On and have a 1990 325ic auto right now, gathering parts for the sawp. I recently joined the facebook group mentioned above. Took some time for the admin to accept but very good place to watch/meet ppl with E30
                Nice! I hope your manual swap goes well than, I bought my car and motor in london :P
                Originally posted by Northern View Post
                Yeah the admin of that group owns a small Euro speedshop here in Halifax that built/races an S54'd E36 GT3 car. I don't think he spends as much time on Facebook as most of us, so that's probably why it was slow.
                I think the group is set for members to approve their friends though, so as it grows this should become less of an issue.
                Now that would be a sweet power plant to have under the hood :D

Comment

Woohoo Canada!

Comment

[QUOTE=iitsMikE30;4775546]Nice! I hope your manual swap goes well than, I bought my car and motor in london :P

Cool stuff, how long have you had it? I am just starting to look for a coupe to start a restomod on. Like the convert but wasn't my first choice but for the price couldn't pass it up. Will post a thread once it comes out of storage if and when we get nice weather lol

Comment

Working...
                    X