No announcement yet.

#FAKENEWS and its effects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that Fake News, along with all of the long-winded, divisive comments thrown up on Facebook by liberals AND conservatives alike may spell the end of Facebook.

It's just too painful to read nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^facebook only started making significant profit in late 2015 and it's only going up

Comment

Facebook meme for those that don't want to research, links below.

Example? And, note, they call it guidelines down in the article, but they headline and byline it as protections. Looks like the protection is CNN pulling CYA.

Obama Administration - http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/12/politi...dministration/

Trump Administration - http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/22/politi...ms-in-schools/

Comment

It should always be referred to as guidance. from the actual letter:

ED and DOJ (the Departments) have determined that this letter is significant guidance.2 This guidance
          does not add requirements to applicable law, but provides information and examples to inform
          recipients about how the Departments evaluate whether covered entities are complying with their legal
          obligations.

Comment

So, we shouldn't call it fake news, but biased, padded news in this instance?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
              So, we shouldn't call it fake news, but biased, padded news in this instance?
              IMO closer to bias than fake

to me this is the real fake news:

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                IMO closer to bias than fake

to me this is the real fake news:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/18/u...on-harris.html
                If the intent is to deceive, then what is the difference? Different shades of deception? Both were as intentional as each other. I guess...I am not seeing the difference.
                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I feel like there is a pretty obvious fundamental difference between deceiving by exaggerating graphs/pictures and posting literal made up numbers and events. Which the latter has been getting pretty stupid, the former has happened forever;

'Immigrant population increasing! -graph showing 1.1%-1.3% gain but only scaled from 1.0-1.5%-'.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

I think my favorite part is how the "left" media coined the term "fake news" and then Trump just meme'd the fuck out of it.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Worth bringing this back up as it seems they dont want to stop.

City Police, and webcam footage, shows like 30 people.
                      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                        http://archive.is/mF2PZ

Worth bringing this back up as it seems they dont want to stop.

Ottawa police are debunking a right-wing American news outlet’s claim that thousands of pro-Trump supporters descended on Parliament Hill Saturday. Breitbart News reported Saturday that up to 5,000 people protested in favour of U.S. President Donald Trump’s conservative agenda Saturday. Protesters, the controversial outlet said, were also angry about Prime Minster Justin Trudeau liberal policies. As […]

City Police, and webcam footage, shows like 30 people.
                        Fake news Schnitzy.

Event by Mike Waine on Saturday, June 3 2017 with 1.2K people interested and 461 people going. 160 posts in the discussion.

The event was to last all weekend (Jun 3 at 11:00 AM to Jun 4 at 4:00 PM EDT). So one picture at 12:43PM on Saturday the 3rd doesn't really paint the whole picture, does it?

Breitbart said there were 5,000 people over that span. http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...dministration/

WTF are you trying to prove here?

EDIT: So the name of the event was "Million Canadians March." Is that what you are taking issue with here?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Yes, using Brietbart as proof that Brietbart isn't lying about a Pro-Trump rally in Canada.

You can literally watch the webcams time-lapse and see this is the majority of the crowd. Everyone just 'low-energy' by the time the big finale happened at Parliament Hill?

Brietbart even cites DailyCaller as their source.

I want to believe there is a non-ignorant, sane, individual under that r3v handle Marshall. But when you constantly question pretty obvious evidence like this its pretty hard to find.

This is almost as 'bigly' as trumps inauguration, or his post-presidency rallys, I hear billions of people show up to those.

Even the facebook group you link has a measily 8400 followers of the page, meaning that this facebook page, that isn't just a local to Ottowa group by the way, would have to have a participation rate in this rally of about 60-70%, Even R3v doesnt get close to that with the E30picnic, which is a yearly occurrence.

On top of that only 500 people 'went' and only 1.5k were 'interested' which basically means someone saw it on their facebook and didnt hit 'nah thanks bruh'.

Its ridiculous that you even are defending this man, I think /pol/ has you believing that there is a active trump supporter behind every blade of grass out there rallying for him 24/7.
                          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                            Yes, using Brietbart as proof that Brietbart isn't lying about a Pro-Trump rally in Canada.

You can literally watch the webcams time-lapse and see this is the majority of the crowd. Everyone just 'low-energy' by the time the big finale happened at Parliament Hill?

Brietbart even cites DailyCaller as their source.

I want to believe there is a non-ignorant, sane, individual under that r3v handle Marshall. But when you constantly question pretty obvious evidence like this its pretty hard to find.

This is almost as 'bigly' as trumps inauguration, or his post-presidency rallys, I hear billions of people show up to those.

Even the facebook group you link has a measily 8400 followers of the page, meaning that this facebook page, that isn't just a local to Ottowa group by the way, would have to have a participation rate in this rally of about 60-70%, Even R3v doesnt get close to that with the E30picnic, which is a yearly occurrence.

On top of that only 500 people 'went' and only 1.5k were 'interested' which basically means someone saw it on their facebook and didnt hit 'nah thanks bruh'.

You realize you linked Breitbart too? I am not defending Breitbart or the Daily Caller (I don't have to).

I just don't understand what the big fucking deal is. If the march was named Million Canadian March and only 5,000 showed up, isn't that humiliating enough?

Maybe you ought to stick to "Fake News that has any relevance." That would be much better for your case. This is like over-reporting how many people went to the Yankees-Red Sox game.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Lol.
                              willschnitz

Comment

I just watched both time lapse videos. Once again, who fucking cares. Second, it would be tough to find out how many people actually showed up over two days for that event specifically.

But congratulations, you beat a dead horse just a little more.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X