No announcement yet.

Hit huge bump in road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was expecting it to be more than that to be honest. +1 on what corbin said about picking a shop.

Comment

He also mentioned that he doesn't have the machine to do the job 100% correct, it's sone tower measurer or something, it entailed removing the subframe hoisting the engine and some other stuff like that but honestly I don't know if it's worth it! I should probably get another rust free shell right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      E30 is life :finger:

Comment

Originally posted by Th3importedguy View Post
        He also mentioned that he doesn't have the machine to do the job 100% correctly.

I should probably get another rust free shell right
        If he can't do the job right, go to another shop.

I see you're in MD. I wouldn't expect getting a truly rust free shell to be that easy. Not even a CA car is guaranteed to be rust free. Get another quote from a different shop that can do the job properly and see what it comes to.

Comment

Go to a bunch of shops, get all your quotes and compare what they say they're going to do to fix it. Should help you weed out the shit ones.

Also, if you go that route and they ask you if you've taken it somewhere else for a quote, say no. lol
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            Go to a bunch of shops, get all your quotes and compare what they say they're going to do to fix it. Should help you weed out the shit ones.

Also, if you go that route and they ask you if you've taken it somewhere else for a quote, say no. lol
            or...say yes that you have taken it to a few other places but refuse to tell them what the other quotes are.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I think its so awkward when they ask you how much your other quotes and you respond with a, "Nope" :rofl:
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

ACS-md.com
                We're out there in here.

Comment

You might want to take a heat gun to some of that seam sealer to see how much more torn up things are underneath. Have a hose or fire extinguisher handy. I'm guessing it will look like someone took a can opener to the strut tower area. Take the fender off. If you are feeling brave, find a really immovable object sunk into the ground that you can attach a chain to and then jack the car up to pull the torn metal back into alignment farmer mechanic style. There a couple project blogs around where people drilled out spot welds and replaced these parts. I'd caution you not to drive the car because at some moment, you will be sitting on the road when the rest of the metal rips away.

Comment

Working...
                  X