No announcement yet.

scabzzzz Glacierblau sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sexy transformation man! That color looks incredible! I still miss your old alpine euro bumpered car. That thing was timeless. Good to see you back in another e30.

How did you like the m42 in the 2002? I'm thinking about putting one in my 02, but I'm worried about the oil pan being too low & I've read that if you're going to do the work for the swap you might as well go m20....

Comment

Originally posted by Il Duce View Post
      Sexy transformation man! That color looks incredible! I still miss your old alpine euro bumpered car. That thing was timeless. Good to see you back in another e30.

How did you like the m42 in the 2002? I'm thinking about putting one in my 02, but I'm worried about the oil pan being too low & I've read that if you're going to do the work for the swap you might as well go m20....
      Aww thanks man. I miss that car a lot too... It's still running and driving somewhere in South Carolina so I hear with almost 400k miles on it!

The m42 was indeed pretty fuckin low in the oil pan area but I never found it to be a problem driving. My 02 was an automatic late model, which was the best candidate for the M42 as it required ZERO tunnel modification (well OK, it required a BFH on one side), and sat in the bay nicely thanks to JakeB's mounts from Classic Daily. Its a lighter weight engine too, so I think between those two facts, its a no brainer to choose the M42.

If you have to cut the tunnel up, then perhaps. But I'm pretty certain if you have an early model, you can make the M42 work with JakeB's mounts. There was a lot more room than I thought there would be. Call Jake... he will tell you straight up.

Comment

Gletcherblau? That's what color mine is
        sigpic

Comment

This car is going in the spank bank.
          Originally posted by wholepailofwater
          Q
          :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by JJe30 View Post
            Gletcherblau? That's what color mine is
            Yup!

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            This car is going in the spank bank.
            lol

Just ordered tires for the RM's - 225/45/15 Hand Cock RS-4 Super Mega Extreme Performance Summer. So hopefully this car will escalate its spank bank rating come Saturday when they get mounted!

Comment

Nice car man!
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Looking good! Ill be looking out for you at The Vintage and check that fresh paint job.
                :up:

COTM

Comment

Looks really nice with fresh paint, I'm jealous. And if those sport seats are the sedan specific ones then i am extra jealous.
                  My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                    .....And so much more. Its embarassing to see my parts list grow as I document this stuff. Which btw, don't document car builds. Ever. Or let your girlfriend/wife see said documentation. Anyways...

Bye!
                    Always document the build, never add up the receipts.

Car looks awesome
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

neat

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                        If you have to cut the tunnel up, then perhaps. But I'm pretty certain if you have an early model, you can make the M42 work with JakeB's mounts. There was a lot more room than I thought there would be. Call Jake... he will tell you straight up.
                        Thanks for the info mang. I hadn't heard of classic daily.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                          neat

Comment

Originally posted by Il Duce View Post
                            Thanks for the info mang. I hadn't heard of classic daily.
                            He'll be at the Vintage too!

Comment

i just restored my glacier blue sedan, new paint and all... 1990. yours looks beautiful man.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              '90 325i sedan daily driven
                              '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by chefpeterlevine View Post
                                i just restored my glacier blue sedan, new paint and all... 1990. yours looks beautiful man.
                                Thanks...

Post some pics in here! Lets see it..

Comment

Working...
                                X