My E30 runs like trash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My E30 runs like trash

89 325i 5 speed coup< bought with no motor, replaced motor with running m20 fro m my 89 325i parts car that I never drove.

Symtoms:
    Starts fine and idles a bit rough, shaking the whole car. then when rpm gets carried through the whole range, it has a slight consistent tremble to it. when you let off the pedal and let it return to idle the rpms drop and surge back up a few times until it returns to correct idle but with the same sputtering shake. during all of this the exhaust smells rich like fuel and after the car is shut off and you remove the filler cap on the valve cover it also smells like fuel.

Tested and replaced: ignition coil, plugs, leads, cap and rotor, spark quality sensor, fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, cleaned AIC valve, sensor on the air filter box,coolant temp sensor, o2 sensor and checked and replaced all VAC lines. I also ran a compression test and the results came back healthy.

Now im super frustrated that none of these attempts have even improved the way it runs even my a little. The car isn't on the road yet and its my first E30 and im itchin to drive it but I refuse to drive it when it runs like trash. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Leaky fuel injector

Comment

Working...
    X