Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hesitation, "bucking"

Please help me!!!!

Ok so story time. More info is better then less.

I traded for this car because i wanted another E30, been awhile since ive had one so i said why not?

Previous owner said it needed a fuel pump because it had a hesitation or a stutter. Credit to him it was whining so i replaced it. She ran great so i went for a drive with my girl. We get to Taco Smell and while sitting in the driveway it started to get hot. Like REALLY hot. Finally get out of the drive through and take her home. Thats when the weird stuff started.

I checked the oil and coolant and sure enough they were mixing. Looked like maple syrup in the coolant reservoir. So, naturally, a buddy and I started to tear her apart. Long story short i got the head machined, new gaskets, water pump, timing belt and tensioner, oil, coolant, the works.

In the time it took to get her back together the battery went to shit sitting on my bench so i grabbed another from work. Finally get her started and let it warm up so all the gaskets could burn in and get situated. Take her for a spin and im easy with it, for the most part, but i wont lie, decided to romp on it for a minute up to 90mph and back down without incident. Put her back in the garage feeling confident about the work.

Next morning i went to the garage to take it to work, started up fine, warmed up, and backed out. By the time i got to the street it started "bucking" to the point it was undrivable. It would idle really low, but wouldnt die. Limped her home somehow and havent really been able to work on it much since.

NEW PARTS INCLUDE

BATTERY

FUEL PUMP/FILTER

MAIN RELAY

FUEL PUMP RELAY

HEAD GASKETS

WATER PUMP

TIMING BELT AND TENSIONER

Im not sure if its related but my dash lights and hvac lights dont work. The bulbs are fine, but they just dont come on. Any ideas?

Check fuse 12 thats for the dash lights and stuff and idk have you tried checking ur icv or coil wire?
    And it might be a couinsidence with lights and stuff i ran out of gas and my coil wire went bad at the same time.

1989 E30 325i Sedan Alpine

Comment

Check fuel pressure. Could be a small crack in a fuel line. Check the lines that go to the fuel filter. I've seen them crack quite a few times.
      Last edited by papag1234; 06-09-2015, 10:40 AM.

Comment

All the fuses seem to be ok, and I'll have to grab a pressure tester from work. It almost feels like a vacuum leak but I can't find any

Comment

Working...
        X