PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
    My answer is: the car has the wrong engine.

LOL.. oh Seth.

Austin, I may be interested in the bottom end. Actually, I may be interested in the whole thing depending on your ask. I have a couple good M42 heads on bad bottom ends lying around.. So maybe we can do a switch a roo around so everyone gets what they need?
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      LOL.. oh Seth.

Austin, I may be interested in the bottom end. Actually, I may be interested in the whole thing depending on your ask. I have a couple good M42 heads on bad bottom ends lying around.. So maybe we can do a switch a roo around so everyone gets what they need?
      I'll keep in touch. Allegedly, someone is coming to see it, but they stood me up the first time, so who knows...typical CL kids. I really want to take my sawzall to the car.

I would really only want to sell the entire drive train as a package for an '02/E21 guy wanting to do a conversion, though.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
        I really want to take my sawzall to the car.
        Got some anger issue going on?
        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          Got some anger issue going on?
          Not at all, just want to simplify my life a bit. Sick of time wasters.

Comment

...unfortunately, in the world of cars, you're always going to have those. I've seen it no matter the marque. I've seen it with parting out the Saab, and with selling any and everything in years past. Can't let it get to you to much.. That's why places like eBay can get away with charging a ton of fee's - because they eliminate a lot of the time wasters from the process.

If you want to lower the overhead, you're going to have to sift through the sh*t.
            2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Lately i've been considering buying a w210 chassis benz. Specificly an E55. Anyone had any experience with these cars?
              From what ive read these cars are pretty bulletproof...

Sent from a payphone on the moon.
              sigpic
              Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

You know you're in good company when you show up to a meeting at work and someone you never talk to (but park near) kicks off the conversation with "So when ya gonna do the m20b25 swap?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awfully quiet in here the last few days. What are you cats up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
                    Lately i've been considering buying a w210 chassis benz. Specificly an E55. Anyone had any experience with these cars?
                    From what ive read these cars are pretty bulletproof...

I had a neglected (P/O's) 02 E55 from 118k-143k, over three years, with almost zero issues. Besides reg maintenance, I had to replace the EGR valve and MAF, both took under 30 min. That's it. I sold it to my daughter last year because it had been the most reliable car I had ever owned. She hasn't experienced any issues either yet.

Watch for rust, and try to find a facelift model.

I've also owned a couple pre F/L E320's, one also with almost zero issues, the other had many stupid problems. I preferred the AMG.

Comment

Originally posted by Badwayz View Post
                      I had a neglected (P/O's) 02 E55 from 118k-143k, over three years, with almost zero issues. Besides reg maintenance, I had to replace the EGR valve and MAF, both took under 30 min. That's it. I sold it to my daughter last year because it had been the most reliable car I had ever owned. She hasn't experienced any issues either yet.

I've also owned a couple pre F/L E320's, one also with almost zero issues, the other had many stupid problems. I preferred the AMG.
                      Holy fuck, he lives! What's up, dude?!

Comment

Originally posted by Badwayz View Post

I have done quite a bit of research on the cars and it seems as though they can take a hell of a licking before they quit. I also like the fact that the ealier models are N/A motors. Boost makes me nervous...

sigpic
                        Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Infamous Cookie cutters, by George Graves for sale www.2mshiftboots.com

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                            My answer is: the car has the wrong engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            you're right, Needs moar M60. haha
                            Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

What are you cats up to?
                              E46. My life was too straightforward before...

t
                              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Spec e46 Toby?

Comment

Working...
                                X