No announcement yet.

More Workplace Violence???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ding ding ding, the law gives you the authority to carry, being military doesn't. You're simply granted a pass on whatever the qualifying process is, like I said "it's entitlement to apply for and prove that you're capable of carrying".

Taking place in Britain, they do not have the same laws you do. The appropriate solution to incidents such as these is NOT arming the populace.

Comment

In England they have special squads of officers called "armed response units." They are charged with dealing with any actions that mandate the use of firearms. They are not as uncommon as you might think.
      @ cale
      What is the appropriate solution?
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I don't claim to know what the appropriate solution, but I have already voiced my opinion on what one of the problems is in this particular situation.

Comment

So your opinion is that the British should simply crackdown on radical Islamism? That's just like attacking Sebastian Shaw.

Comment

I believe that them allowing radical Islamics to grow in numbers to their current state of prevalence is a huge contributing factor to incidents such as these, but please show me where I've said they should simply crack down on radical Islam because I haven't. They need to put more emphasis on removing the huge gaps between Muslims and non-Muslim Brits, educate youth to prevent them from turning radical (this is a real issue facing British Muslim youth, check it out) and enforce hate speech laws across the board.

On 13 October 2001, Harry Hammond, an evangelist, was arrested and charged under section 5 of the Public Order Act (1986) because he had displayed to people in Bournemouth a large sign bearing the words "Jesus Gives Peace, Jesus is Alive, Stop Immorality, Stop Homosexuality, Stop Lesbianism, Jesus is Lord". In April 2002, a magistrate convicted Hammond, fined him £300, and ordered him to pay costs of £395.
            On 20 April 2010, police arrested Dale McAlpine, a Christian preacher, of Workington in Cumbria, for saying that homosexual conduct was a sin. On 14 May 2010, the Crown decided not to prosecute McAlpine.
            Two incidents in which people were both arrested and one was charged and found guilty for relatively tame hateful comments or actions. Yet you have Muslims acting like this and getting away with it...

Everyone is afraid to go after Muslims, they have the world trembling at the thought of addressing their bullshit, radical and extreme violent threats and prosecuting them under the same laws every day non-Muslim citizens are.

32% of British Muslims believing "western society is decadent and immoral and that Muslims should seek to bring it to an end" and 40% of British Muslims want sharia law in the UK. That should be worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post

Taking place in Britain, they do not have the same laws you do. The appropriate solution to incidents such as these is NOT arming the populace.
              Correct, and while getting hit with a car from behind might make it difficult for one to defend ones self with your own weapon due to injury. In this country a passer by may have been armed and able to stop this attack before the shit head was able to kill the guy and save the mans life............ You know long before the cops showed up, or the special cops with the guns were able to get there....

Just some food for thought
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

It may have yes, him having a tiger on a leash could have prevented the incident as well. Your country is a shining example that arming a population does not prevent events like this from occurring, it's completely speculative to whether or not it would've prevented this one too.

Comment

this is insane

Comment

LOL@thisthread
                    2011 1M Alpine white/black
                    1996 Civic white/black
                    1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

It may have yes, him having a tiger on a leash could have prevented the incident as well. Your country is a shining example that arming a population does not prevent events like this from occurring, it's completely speculative to whether or not it would've prevented this one too.
                      Where did I say prevent I said stop............
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

If that's what you got out of that response...

Introducing firearms into a society that is functioning without them on the off chance that they may stop a situation like this is stupidity. These sorts of things still do occur in the states where firearms are common, it doesn't STOP all of them.

Shall we get back on topic or do you gun zealots wish to carry on.

Comment

If that's what you got out of that response...

Introducing firearms into a society that is functioning without them on the off chance that they may stop a situation like this is stupidity. These sorts of things still do occur in the states where firearms are common, it doesn't STOP all of them.
                          Re-introduce to be correct. And it's funny, I bet you are of the same mindset of all the people that stood up for the experimental & non-essential re-introducing the Grey Wolves to the Rockies/Mountain West because of them being an endangered species. Only agree with it when it suits your viewpoint.

Comment

Tangent, there's one....hop on everyone!

I hate to come off as a racist old bigot, because I'm certainly not. These stats however are rather alarming and are indicative of the nature of Islam and Muslims in Britain. By no means radical, but certainly worrying for those in Britain.

Tragically, almost one in four British Muslims believe that last year's 7/7 attacks on London were justified because of British support for the U.S.-led war on terror.
                            Twenty-eight percent hope for the U.K. one day to become a fundamentalist Islamic state.
                            Seventy-eight percent support punishment for the people who earlier this year published cartoons featuring the Prophet Mohammed. Sixty-eight percent support the arrest and prosecution of those British people who "insult Islam." When asked if free speech should be protected, even if it offends religious groups, 62 percent of British Muslims say No, it should not.

To think attacks like this one will remain isolated with statistics like those is hopeful, and IMO a foolish gamble.
                            Last edited by cale; 05-23-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

These two guys were the original anti-radical Islamists.

1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

funny that guys like these two islamists don't do shit like this in texas, because they would get shot

i also read where one of the waffleswaffleswaffleswaffless had his thumb shot off so it's going to take longer to count to 72 when he meets allah
                                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X