This is why I don't trust dentists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
    What, you're telling me you all did this shit hopped up on anesthesia?
    Screw that. Took down a bottle of Jack, and drove to the dentist. I shave with a rusty butterknife and kerosene.

I had all 4 wisdoms out at once. 4 shots of novicaine, and laughing gas to put my in my happy place... But still awake. It was insane... These smokin hot ladies are here, slicing my gums up, CRUNCHING MY GODDAMN TEETH INTO PIECES INSIDE MY HEAD, plucking the pieces out delicately, all while talking about whos-whos sister in law doing whatever she was doing on vacation. And yet... I was so numb I didn't even give a shit.

I guess my situation was different. 3/4 were going to impact my molars for sure if left alone, so we just did all 4 at once.

I think we're all in the wrong business though. Dentists can charge literally whatever they want.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
    Haha thanks for the laugh!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

About a dozen years ago I had a molar that bothered me on and off for about a year. At one point it became more or less constantly painful so I asked my coworker who had worked as a receptionist at a nearby dentist's officer who she recommend. I ended up visiting her former boss the next day with my now quite painful tooth. He looked at it and said he "doesn't do extractions" and when I asked him how long it might last before I really had to do something ( money was an issue) he said "I don't know ...maybe a week, maybe a year". So with that I left. No antibiotics. No referral.
      I returned to my job and told my coworker what happened and she was surprised he didn't do anything. Well the tooth was getting more uncomfortable so I contacted a dentist that worked in our building. He agreed to see me on the spot. When he saw my tooth (and blackening swollen gum) I told him my experience of seeing the other dentist. He shook his head in disgust but said " I'm not going to say anything ".
      He then said " that's junk. That has to come out right now". I asked how much for everything just before he began and he said $150. He quickly had me repaired and gave antibiotics. Then he gave me his cell and said I should call him later that night. I did what he said.

BTW he was a medic in Vietnam prior to becoming a dentist.
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X