My M42 Metric Mechanic Build and then some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My M42 Metric Mechanic Build and then some

So I picked up this 1991 318i from a guy for $900. Plans overtime are a Metric Mechanic 2100 M42 motor, C3 Coilovers, Paint, BBS RZ's, Some sort of aero package, LW Flywheel, Unsprung Clutch, 3.73 4.10 and 4.27 rear diffs, and the usual crap like window switches, new oem RR tail light, Z3 shift linkage, Z3 steering rack, etc...

The Set

Hung Before Cleaning

Single Before The Cleaning

The Cuda

After The Bath
    Originally posted by jrhaile
    For the record I have never fucked a goat.

Damn man, nice pickup :)

Comment

Needs a bath :p

Solid looking car. Any rust?

Comment

What is that machine that cleans your wheels? Are those RZ's the right offset?

That is quite a project you're undertaking! Metric Mechanic makes some incredible engines. By 2100 you mean you plan to have it bored out to make it a 2.1L yes?

Good luck! And subscribed.
        Reminiscing...

Comment

2100 ST forced induction m42 engine?, I want a wheel cleaner like that. Nice.
          Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
          http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Noice!!!!

Can I bring my wheels to clean ? :D
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Link View Post
              Damn man, nice pickup :)
              Thanks.

Originally posted by Danny View Post
              Needs a bath

Solid looking car. Any rust?
              Agreed on the bath. Nope, no rust.

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
              What is that machine that cleans your wheels? Are those RZ's the right offset?

That is quite a project you're undertaking! Metric Mechanic makes some incredible engines. By 2100 you mean you plan to have it bored out to make it a 2.1L yes?

Good luck! And subscribed.
              The machine is called a "cuda". It's the parts washer we have at the dealership. And the RZ's are 33 I believe. So there should be no issues, correct me if i'm wrong.

As for the motor, i'm not sure if i am going to DIY or order a crate motor. Haven't decided yet. But in the mean time I am ordering MM parts which will be used as spares if I order a crate motor later.

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post
              Nah, N/A motor. Can't justify another 4G's for the Atlanta Blower or $500 for that matter on a crappy ebay turbo kit.
              Last edited by dvmotorsports; 04-08-2008, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Awesome!

Fantastic pickup!

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post
                  Too much power for you son . :p

Those heated rotisserie (sp) parts washers are the shit , my old shop had one and it sure came in handy cleaning beat e30 parts . :D

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by dvmotorsports View Post
                    ...the RZ's are 33 I believe. So there should be no issues, correct me if i'm wrong.
                    Well ET33 is okay if they are 14" wheels, but if they are 15" you may want to think about spacers. ET20 is optimal so 15mm hubcentric spacers would do you well since ET18 is pretty nice. Just a suggestion.
                    Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                      Well ET33 is okay if they are 14" wheels, but if they are 15" you may want to think about spacers. ET20 is optimal so 15mm hubcentric spacers would do you well since ET18 is pretty nice. Just a suggestion.
                      They are in fact 15's off of my MK2 GTi. I will definitely take this in to account when the car gets ready to come off the stands. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by dvmotorsports View Post
                        They are in fact 15's off of my MK2 GTi. I will definitely take this in to account when the car gets ready to come off the stands. Thanks for the info.
                        No sweat man. Wider stance is mean lookin' so I say go for it.
                        Reminiscing...

Comment

Nice!

Glad to see someone looking to get an MM motor for an m42.

Keep us updated!
                          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

clean her up. not bad for 900 bucks
                            sigpic
                            24v swapped

Comment

Most people think of these when they hear RZs

Looks like a fun project. Ill be interested to see the motor built.
                              What are you going to use for tuning? staying with the MM Jim C chip?

Hunter
                              We're out there in here.

Comment

Working...
                              X