I'm gunna finish this time, I swear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gunna finish this time, I swear!

Ok, some of you might remember my cabrio (for my wife) i bought it well over a year ago. A friend of mine was parting it out and I thought it should be saved, what the hell was I thinking! Well i'm into it now and I'm going to finish so we can take our son for rides with the top down. This was supposed to be finished about a year ago, but hey i got busy! Here are some reminder pics, what it looked like when I got it and some work that I have done along the way. I will finish it this time. Fo reals yo.

Here she is when I first got it, it hit a deer, hence the missing parts, and it was 1/2 parted out, fun fun fun!

I got most of the motor together

With a little help, the new rad support was welded on

The last thing i did was the rad support, that was last summer. Since then I didnt do much, I did buy a set of basketweaves with nice Falken's on them.

So Saturday, I pushed it in front of the garage and did a final install of the fenders and the hood, i got them aligned nicely and bolted them down, the hood now pops and latches as it should. I even got a headlight and grill on it! I'm moving now! I just got the last few parts I needed to get it running, so maybe this weekend or so?

All Your Base Is Belongs To Us

Glad to see it saved! Any time an e30 is saved, Chuck Norris does one less roundhouse kick to the face of a child waiting to sit in the lap of Santa Claus during X-Mas.

Comment

sweet....keep up the work...I need to follow suit and keep working on mine.
      BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
        Glad to see it saved! Any time an e30 is saved, Chuck Norris does one less roundhouse kick to the face of a child waiting to sit in the lap of Santa Claus during X-Mas.

Comment

Jeff, coming along nicely.

Let me know if you need any parts Im taking off my db in the next week or so. Ill have fogs, lower spoiler, front bumper trim.

I should be at Macho mans on Thursday if you are around stop by.

ZM
          sigpic
          New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
          %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Thanks guys! ZM, I think I'm good for now, it's all about reassembly right now! I may need those fogs, i'll let you know if the ones I have don't work out. ZM, how many bmw's do you have now? :)

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by JeffNJM3 View Post
              Thanks guys! ZM, I think I'm good for now, it's all about reassembly right now! I may need those fogs, i'll let you know if the ones I have don't work out. ZM, how many bmw's do you have now? :)

Jeff
              Cool, you know how to find me when you need them, I actually have 3 in great shape... Also a bunch of other stuff, just let me know.

If you ask me, not enough... Still want a 2002, e30 m3 and a e28... If you ask my wife... 5 too many.
              sigpic
              New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
              %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

good stuff jeff, at this rate you'll miss the summer wind in that car! hurry up! heh

btw, i ended up picking up the rest of the mtech2 stuff from mike in brooklyn
                Toyota Pickup

Comment

Hey Mike, wuz up dood? Wheels look good on there right? Hey Mike from Brooklyn said you gunna pick up a seat from me for him, cuz you still have to pick up a spoiler from him oe something? Forget about 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, it should be 6 degrees of MikeK :)

So i got just a little bit done this weekend, i got the fuel cannister installed and the exhaust is under the car!, 1st time in 1.5 years this car has had an exhaust on it!

Comment

nice progress. Got a couple of weeks off time to tackle mine
                    Continuous For Sale Thread
                    323i s50

Comment

Whats the latest? Keep it going...

Also are there any pics of your m3's interior? Machos wouldnt stop talking about it. Did you have it done locally?
                      sigpic

Levent
                      %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Starting to take shape. Looking good.
                        sigpic
                        1990 E30 325ic (sold for more than I paid for it after 5 Years)
                        1995 E30 325e (in progress)
                        1987 E30 325is (totaled)
                        1990 E30 325i
                        1991 E30 318is M50 PWR
                        1996 E36 328ic
                        1997 Z3
                        2006 F150 Super Crew 5.4L 6.5' bed The work horse (need something to drag all these old BMW's home for resurrection.)

Comment

IT RUNSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got it running, pretty good too considering I still have a ton of things left to hook up on it and adjust the valves. Now its getting exciting, I may go register it this week!!!!

ZM, here is a pic of the interior in the M, It was done really locally, mostly in my living room :) I got someone from England to send me just the seat covers and I recovered my seats, I gotta say they came out really nice!

I'm recovering the seats in the cabrio too, so far I got 1/2 of the back seat done. I bought the kit off ebay, while not OEM, its pretty nice, and I'll have a new interior for under $300!!

I still got a lot more to do:

Comment

The rust on the a pillar on the m3 doesnt bother you??

Comment

Originally posted by e30this View Post
                              The rust on the a pillar on the m3 doesnt bother you??
                              Looks like it bothers you more than me! Its just a little surface rust, Your right I should do something about it

Comment

Working...
                              X