No announcement yet.

I'm gunna finish this time, I swear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job on the vert and the interior on the m3 is amazing. Hope to meet up live soon.
    sigpic
    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Damn so thats your interior?

I found pictures of your interior some where and i saved them. Its my dream interior actually, well, besides full houndstooth. :)

Comment

The houndstooth is definetly FTW. Nice build!

Comment

Ok, I haven't done too much lately because its been so frickin' hot. Today I decided to get off my ass and get some work done. And work I got done. I started by bolting in some headlights and grill and stuff, note in the first pics the bumper and bumper surrounds are not really mounted. Once that was done I put a new oring on the oil filter adpater. Apparantly, when using an old oil filter adapter you find in your garage, it will leak if you don't change this seal. Then it was time to tackle the steering rack. When my buddy got the car, it had a good rack in it. Well his dad took out the rack on his e30 with a really high manhole cover or something and he took the good one out of my car, and replaced it with the cracked POS. So I installed another damn good used one, new inner and outer tie rods and all the plumbing. While I was working on that, my good friend Yuengling stopped by with a few of his buddies, also named Yuengling, later on a few Bud's stopped by too. I bought a brand new battery (I havent done this in years, I have been relying on parts cars for batteries for a while now). I had some trim paint lying around, so I decided to paint the front bumper trim and plate bracket. The front bumper came off of a very neglected car and the molding was very white, while the rest of the trim on this car looked pretty good. All of the mounting hardware for the bumper molding looked a little iffy, so I made the game time decision to just tape it off, came out pretty good. I also mounted the lower valance. All I had was an eta one, so I just dremeled it out to get air to the oil cooler. This was the suprising mod of the day as it actually doesnt stick out like a sore thumb! Then I mounted the bumper and surrounds permantly, installed a new intake boot and a coolant line I was missing and decided to call it day. As of now, she starts, runs, moves, windows go up and down, just like a modern day luxury car :) Hoping to have it on the road within a week or two, still a bunch of small stuff to do, like reupholster the interior.

All Your Base Is Belongs To Us

Comment

Progress! nice to see it on 4 wheels.

I have a valance and a bunch of trim pieces let me know if you want it.

Finish it up and we can have a party with your Yuengling friends.
            sigpic
            New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

hey jeff i'll drink yuengling at your house anyday if there are E30's involved...

Shouldnt that be the other way around?
              1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
              1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
              1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
              1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Thanks guys, i'd have it registered but the stupid NJ DMV decided to stop it late hours during the week, guess i gotta weight til saturday

Comment

Hmm.. I'm pretty sure I saw your M3 going the other way on Texas Road last summer. I was in an alpine 4-door. The driver waved, but I was too shocked to respond :)

Anyway, nice progress on the vert! Glad to see another e30 resurrected. You should either clean/polish or paint the chrome DB..
                  cars beep boop

Comment

your not done with that yet? you slacker :)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Kronus, very well might have been me, maybe going down to E-town or something. Slacking has been suspended this weekend, I actually did a little bit of work. I installed the last missing water hose, checked all the clamps and filled er' up with some of that there fancy blue anti-freeze, bled out the bubbles and all. I couldn't figure out why it was still running a little hot? Then I realized I was a dumbass and didn't install the fan or shroud. Now the engine is too hot, so I'll have to wait til tomorrow. I also put on the power steering pump belt and bled the power steering, then I topped off the trans fluid. I think I may take it for a ride tomorrow! So far all I need are tail light bulbs(I have no Idea why they are missing!) I even swapped the title into my name, registered it and insured it on Thursday. Now I gotta get crack-a-lacking on that interior, more pics soon

Comment

Ok, car is running pretty good now, i have one electrical issue I am trying to hunt down. But I decided to get it looking a little better now. I finished re-upholstering the rear seat, and cleaned the rear interior panels. Looking pretty good! I will say they look a lot better in person than in these photos, they look more plush than pulled :) I'll get working on the front seats and post up some photos

Comment

Uphosltery looks great...where did you get the new covers?
                          BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Originally posted by oekundar View Post
                            Uphosltery looks great...where did you get the new covers?
                            Thanks! I got them on ebay a while back, some guy was selling them, i got them for $280!(front & back seats). These are not the Iigy's covers, but replacement leather.

Comment

Jeff, the project looks good, I remember seeing it last year at your house..
                              we should have another meet with all the local e30 verts !

Comment

Vlad, I finally decided to get into gear and finish once I finished my bedroom in the house. I'd be up for a little get together, seems like there have been alot of NJ vert projects lately!

We have been driving it around anytime it didnt rain this weekend, runs great, rides like crap(needs the new suspension installed still), there is nothing like a vert!

Comment

Working...
                                X