No announcement yet.

I'm gunna finish this time, I swear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes we need to meet up. How about weekend after next?

Do you need front control arms? have a brand new set.
    sigpic
    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
      Yes we need to meet up. How about weekend after next?

Do you need front control arms? have a brand new set.
      I gotta check for that weekend, how many verts can we get together? lol Thanks on the control arms, but I already have a set waiting for install.
      All Your Base Is Belongs To Us

Comment

So I got the right pickup sensor for the diff and now I have a working speedo! Awsome, this car likes to cruise. I washed it today, this is the first time the car has seen a sponge in 2 years! It looks like a different car. I had a little help from my son and my niece, I'm surprised they didnt wash the paint off of that door with the amount of times they washed the same spot :). I also adjusted the valves, and the radio is pretty much installed. Its amazing how good the stock speakers sound when you go around that crappy stock amp. I'd still be working on it but my wife took it out cruising! Here are some pics. I tried to be artsy with the 1st few, tell me if they look ok or stupid. Be honest(like i need to say that to R3V'rs)

Comment

How thats awesome, she cleaned up well. Nice pit crew you got there!

So when are we getting together for a cruise? How about next Thursday for the edgewater car meet?
          sigpic
          New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
          %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Thanks man! Thurs-weekend wont work for me as its our anniversary. I should be at the NJBMWCCA meet on thurs, I'll probably drive it there

Comment

I miss my vert.. it was red, with DB's and a black leather interior, just like yours (but not nearly as nice).
              sigpic89 M3

Comment

Originally posted by NavyE30 View Post
                I miss my vert.. it was red, with DB's and a black leather interior, just like yours (but not nearly as nice).
                If you want I'll trade ya my vert' for your M3, straight up :)

So I've gotten a little more done, I installed the radio the right way, look at this thing-total 90's! I love it. Now you see it, now you don't, I hope car radio thiefs are really stupid and don't realize the radio is still there when the back side of the faceplate is out!

The top was leaking around the windows. The stitching around the rear window is so dry rotten, i barely touched the plastic window to clean it and the window pushed in! So out came the clear caulk! I don't care too much since this car is only driven with the top down, we only put the top up when we park it.

Then is was time to take care of the fish tank in the passenger headlight so I can pass inspection. Here's the before, I put a new lens on it (thats right, more silicone :) ). I'm going to try and pass inspection tomorrow, wish me luck!

Comment

Good luck! check the pn on that a/c switch, I have a couple spares I'll send you one that's not worn out free.
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Thanks man, i appreciate it, but I have an extra few lying around myself. A/C will be one of my next projects, the car came with a brand new 134A compressor!

UPDATE: good news!!! Inspection passed with flying colors!!!!! (well, ok it just skirted by, the emissions needed to be 1100 and i got a 1066!) So we have been driving it all weekend. Its amzing how good the gas mileage is on this thing, if the OBC is right, i'm getting 27 MPG combined, pretty awsome!. Before the A/C I will redo the front seats, pics to come.

Comment

Nice progress...I wish I could get mine down for inspection, but dang it if I don't need brakes, and the steering is SO....sloppy!...I'm guessing its all worn parts...*sigh*
                      BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Damn, 8/4 was the last time this thread was posted on, i guess its time for an update!
                        Well the car has been sitting pretty much all winter, but I did drive it for about a week last week, which gave me the bug again to work on it! So I tore into the front seats today. I started on the passengerside top, i am reupholstering them with new leather. I got the kit uninstalled off someone from ebay, i think the kit is from leatherseats.com but im not 100% sure, it seems to fit pretty well though! This is the toughest one I have done, as its the first time I did heated seats. No big deal! I just had to carefully cut into the batting on the new covers to slide the heating elements in. The elements have a little pocket on them to make it an easy job. Here are some pics, if you guys think it would be good, I could start a thread on reupholstering sport seats? What do u think? On the the pics

Comment

Nice job Jeff. Looking forward to seeing her this spring.
                          sigpic

Levent
                          %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Great progress, keep it up
                            -Andy

Comment

looks like you're making progress....I guess I should update my thread too. :)

Comment

still waiting on that upholstery thread ;) GL with sale
                                Continuous For Sale Thread
                                323i s50

Comment

Working...
                                X