The most lost BMW owner I've ever met.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most lost BMW owner I've ever met.

So I met a really "lost" BMW owner today, he told me he owns a E39 540i touring.
    He said his wagon came "race spec" from the factory with a tuned s62 as a "factory option."
    He then started bragging about how fast he can triptronically shift. He then shows me some 22' monster truck looking wheels he bought for the car. Poor touring ,lost owner.

I want to hear your "Lost" BMW owner stories.
    Last edited by BECKSTER; 05-18-2016, 10:53 PM.
    1990 Alpine 325is
    1992 Schwarz 325ic (sold)

Eh, I've had "lost" c5 vette owner tell me his car had 4 piston calipers all the way around.. and that they've been like that since hte 70s (as I'm staring right as his 2 pistons setup. When he gave me a ride he told the traction control button locked up the diff. sigh.
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
      Eh, I've had "lost" c5 vette owner tell me his car had 4 piston calipers all the way around.. and that they've been like that since hte 70s (as I'm staring right as his 2 pistons setup. When he gave me a ride he told the traction control button locked up the diff. sigh.
      He was partly correct about the brakes. C3's did have 4 piston calipers, but his C5 sure didn't.

There's not many BMW's around this area, so no stories there. Have heard a lot about my Corvair. And will hear some more when I head into a local cruise here soon.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I got told once my 2002 was a Datsun 510 and how some this guy had one back in the day but he sold it because it was "too fast and turbocharged" running on a V8 apearantly. The guy looked kinda crazy.
        -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
        -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Had an STI owner test drive my Miata. He complinented my S4, then added "Yea they are great until they blow up."

I commented back "The turbos are problematic, but the motor is sound. This will be getting k04s soon." (Didn't want to explain what F21's are so I kept it simple)

"Yea everyone goes k04 and then they blow up about 6 months later."

I told him I'd take my chances, didn't want to argue with stupid anymore. I felt like, and wish I had told him "Well good luck with your ring lands."
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            Had an STI owner test drive my Miata. He complinented my S4, then added "Yea they are great until they blow up."

I commented back "The turbos are problematic, but the motor is sound. This will be getting k04s soon." (Didn't want to explain what F21's are so I kept it simple)

I told him I'd take my chances, didn't want to argue with stupid anymore. I felt like, and wish I had told him "Well good luck with your ring lands."
            so you are saying b5/s4 don't blow up on the regular
            Build Threads:
            Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

I met a guy with a black e30 vert. It had these STR wheels and a hollow DTM muffler. It was just super loud. It looked like it might be on cut springs. Very nice guy though.

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                so you are saying b5/s4 don't blow up on the regular
                That's exactly what I'm saying. K03 turbos have a bad rap, but the engine is solid. Don't need to open the block until 500whp.

Sure, not aBMW owner, but the guy was certainly lost.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I don't personally know any of these BMW owners, but it is clearly a collective of lost.....

Jon
                  Rides...
                  1991 325i - sold :(
                  2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

E36 M3 pulls up next to me at a gas station.
                    I compliment his Hellrot(?) M3 and he proceeds to go on how it's stock and low mileage and has 350hp. I innocently ask him if he's confused with the European model and he stubbornly says no a couple times, and that he even has the original info sheet from the dealer. Pulls it out to show me for it to only say 240hp.

awkward silence.

Lost man: "Whattttt..? Nooo. Well it feels definitely faster."

Me: Yeah man, have a good day!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post

Sounds like something most STi owners would say, because they think there car daddy bought them is superior to anything else on the road
                      Last edited by BECKSTER; 05-18-2016, 10:30 PM.
                      1990 Alpine 325is

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                        I met a guy with a black e30 vert. It had these STR wheels and a hollow DTM muffler. It was just super loud. It looked like it might be on cut springs. Very nice guy though.

His car sounds like an alpaca giving birth.
                        Last edited by BECKSTER; 05-18-2016, 10:31 PM.
                        1990 Alpine 325is

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                          e36 m3 pulls up next to me at a gas station.
                          I compliment his hellrot(?) m3 and he proceeds to go on how it's stock and low mileage and has 350hp. I innocently ask him if he's confused with the european model and he stubbornly says no a couple times, and that he even has the original info sheet from the dealer. Pulls it out to show me for it to only say 240hp.

Awkward silence.

Lost man: "whattttt..? Nooo. Well it feels definitely faster."

me: Yeah man, have a good day!

[ATTACH]100515[/ATTACH]
                          1990 Alpine 325is

Comment

bahahahahhahah
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I complimented a guy on his e46, and he complimented me on my e30, but he told me he thought the 325ix badging was stupid and I should just buy a real AWD car like the e46. At first I thought he was trying to take a stab at the "Poor reliability" rumors that follow the 325ix and I tried telling him that theres a lot of bad information out there about them but I've never had a problem with the AWD system. He then told me if I thought I had AWD then I got ripped off because the the e30 only came in RWD and the e46 was the first AWD BMW. I popped the hood and showed him the front half shafts trying to explain to him that in fact the e30 did come in AWD but they just came in low production numbers. As he was getting back into his car he told me that the "half shafts" were cross members for stiffening the chassis and I should really do some research and then he drove off. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because most BMW owners I know don't even know about the 325ix, but the guy kept on trying to tell me I was wrong... anyways that was the worst one, but the most common one I get is "Nice Z4" for those who can't see my sig I own a Z3, and yes all people including BMW owners say that one to me.
                              My Garage
                              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Working...
                              X