What is this Panjo crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PKile View Post
    Will do...is your Paypal name the same as your name here?
    its aesmilla at gmail dot com
    www.instagram.com/snwmble
    #snwmble

Current:
    '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
    '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
    '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
    '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
    '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
    '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
    '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
    '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Selling I have no knowledge to comment on, but i have bought a lot off there. to avoid the Panjo fees, I have PMed the seller on the site and he gave me his paypal and we did it "off the books" I guess.
      I have also been able to find things on there better, you can search the whole panjo site instead of just "Bimmerforums" or "r3vlimited" so you opens you up to more buyers.
      WTB:m60b40 in PNW
      Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
      92 525it 5 speed.
      80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
        This, what Nando said above.

Here's the deal, Every.. Single.. Day, I get people complaining about users in for sale threads, prices too high, ripoffs, scammers, etc.. every... single...day.

So I respond to some of them, however i have a day job and a life, so I get behind, now I have people complaining about how, "James never responds, James does not care, etc...etc"

Panjo and I started talking and yes its also a business decision, I cannot handle playing Judge Judy for the classifieds section, I cannot ask someone for FREE to handle that either, Panjo works as a third party, hence why they need to be paid as well.

Yes, change sucks, No you don't need to use Panjo for payment if you don't want to, yes this is for the best.

Every single thing needs to at least pay for itself.. I ran this thing for over 6 years without making a dime on it, and at the point now I need R3V to be in the black on my books, its a business as well as something i'm very passionate about.

This year we lost money, the E30Picnic R3V party was down in attendance, so we lost about $600 bucks, that I paid for out of pocket, so all of those who attended could have a good time.

Please don't turn this into a, "James just wants to make money thing", and please don't turn this into a "this is the death of R3V thing"

The world is not free, every month I get hosting bills, we have server upgrades and replacement, licensing fee's, etc.. it all adds up..

Those running with pitchforks need to realize things from my perspective as well
        I wanted to bitch about it as I use the classifieds. I don't like Panjo much.

However, after reading this I've changed my mind. I love R3vlimited and James is a stand up guy and R3v wouldn't be here without him. So, I 100% stand behind the decision to switch to Panjo if it means James gets to run R3v in the black. I don't like seeing that you have to spend so much of your own money on the site/picnic.

Comment

Sign me up for a $50 annual fee to get back the old classifieds. I've made some real scores (Type 10 wheels, BBS RZ wheels, mint seat cushions, touring-specific parts, etc.) in the r3v classifieds. Where will I get these parts if all the sellers stop posting due to Panjo?????????
          1992 325i Cabrio
          1988 320i Touring
          2000 M5
          1977 530i
          2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
          BMWCCA
          E30CCA

Comment

James I don't see what sales transactions have to do with you? if people complain, tell them to not to buy or shop elsewhere. You don't need to hold hands or feel like you're somehow responsible. I've avoided Panjo on Bimmerforums and will avoid them here too. No wonder people are selling everything on CL and Facebook. It's really a shame because we look to the forums for deals as we are a community who help each other out. I'll just advertise the GE coils in my sig.
            Last edited by reelizmpro; 07-27-2016, 03:44 AM.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

How are people starting new classified threads without panjo? Because I really want to.

Comment

Originally posted by DELPHINtimecapsule View Post
                How are people starting new classified threads without panjo? Because I really want to.
                I know some are just editing old post with new title and description.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  I know some are just editing old post with new title and description.
                  Ahh. OK. I want to post a "want to buy" actually and can't without registering with panjo. I'm not sure what I'll do. Anyone reading this that is selling a working vert electric top motor part 54348106979, pm me.

Comment

Waiting for that loophole to be closed...

I had a few people who were going to order stuff from me, not want to because panjo is used here

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

same, I didnt want to post things fs recently cuz of panjo since it was a real hassle to setup.

I wouldnt mind buying something but if its a hassle with panjo Id rather not.
                      Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Buying wise just send the user a pm like you used to and bypass panjo. Thats just laziness on the buyers part. Its selling thats annoying.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

You just ruined this site. Hope you put some bucks in your pocket.

Comment

Just encountering this panjo stuff for the first time.

I guess I understand having it in the for sale section, but why is panjo required for a WTB thread?
                            Last edited by jhaurimn; 07-29-2016, 04:59 PM.
                            Current:
                            1989 325i
                            1988 M3
                            1987 325ic
                            Past:
                            2001 330ci
                            2001 M3

Comment

I was wondering why classified activity seemed to drop off drastically. I would be glad to pay an annual fee. Great site!

Comment

James,

Thank you for running the site for all of us to enjoy. I would be happy to pitch in an annual donation for special perks, access to (the old) classifieds, or just because.

I will not use panjo and will buy/sell parts elsewhere. Unfortunately for you, and the site, that means that the quality of the classifieds goes down due to less users while simultaneously depriving the site of revenue.

I think you'll find if we open it up for broader discussion on a donation for donation's sake, special status, or access to classifieds that you may raise more money than you imagine while also making everyone happy.

Respectfully,
                                Sean

Comment

Working...
                                X