86 m20b27 to 87 m20b25-Issue with giving gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86 m20b27 to 87 m20b25-Issue with giving gas

So I swapped my m20b27 to an m20b25 and now I have an issue with the car acting like it's going to die once the the throttle is pulled. I thought the issue was the MAF but I just replaced that and it didn't change much. I've also search all over the internet for other possible causes but haven't had much luck. Would the crank sensor be a possibility? I figure if the crank sensor is bad it wouldn't even start. Anyway, I'm loss and I'm in need of some help. Thanks for your time.

-Derek

My first thoughts would be the fuel system. Tee a gauge into the rail supply line and check the pressure (should be a bit less than 3.0bar at idle and 3.0bar with the throttle open). If that is okay I'd have the injectors professionally cleaned, rebuilt, and flow tested (I like RC Engineering).
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Thank you for the reply jlevie, I will for sure test that tomorrow. Ive also ordered a crank sensor just for the hell of it. Maybe it was bumped during the swap.

Comment

So I tested the fuel pressure today and at idle its at 2.06 bars and when I try and give it gas it moves slightly up to 2.6. So it looks like that might be the problem. Any ideas on what would cause that?

Comment

A bad FPR or a problem with fuel delivery (clogged filter, bad high pump(s), or bad fuel line) could cause this.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
          X