RHD ITB's on 24v swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RHD ITB's on 24v swap?

Like the title says, will the RHD m5x ITB's and airbox fit in the e30 engine bay? I found a few motors locally that have potentially swayed me to not turbo the m20 due to a decent price...

I know, I know, wont see huge gains, etc. The sound alone along with throttle response would be worth the additional money I'm thinking.

I contacted them about this and they said they've heard it work in a e30 with a Clio booster, but they personally haven't done it.
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

hmm....I wonder what the size difference is between the Clio booster and a 944 booster. I had completely thought about the brake booster swap in my planning and it looks like the 944 booster is going to be easiest.

Comment

The airbox will hit the booster if even with a small e21 booster on a set of revshift 24v swap mounts. Also the Throttle linkage does not clear the hood.
        Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
        Bimmerbuddies LLC
        717-388-1256
        2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
        bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
          The airbox will hit the booster if even with a small e21 booster on a set of revshift 24v swap mounts. Also the Throttle linkage does not clear the hood.
          Good to know. I hadn't thought about the throttle linkage either...

Comment

damn that sucks!! I was planning on doing a S52 with them for my next build. SC it is then

Comment

Working...
            X