No announcement yet.

M Powered: A Motor Swap Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that is going into a E30 it is gonna be sick!
    Originally posted by KingB
    Scratch my back and I buy a prostitute for you, to rub your balls. HAHA now thats some funny shit.

Comment

Originally posted by HST View Post
      If that is going into a E30 it is gonna be sick!
      +1

And if you do it, document it fully :D
      San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

oh fuck yeah........ and that 190e looks tits!!

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
        1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
        1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Its going in my e36. My e30 was totaled. No, not by me.. Some asshat rear-ended me at a stop light.. He was trying to put his top up (convertable) while driving. :(
          Dont worry though. When I get ahold of another e30, Ill do another crazy swap :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
            Are you going to do be doing the swap yourself?
            Well, it will be me, my father, and some others, but yes, its our project, were not taking it to a shop...
            unless we have to

Comment

SICK! that harness loooooks like murder. good luck

Comment

Document... EVERY STEP
                Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Originally posted by ToplessE30 View Post
                  Document... EVERY STEP
                  or BAN
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Yeah, I agree with the other guys, it would be AWESOME if you could document some of the trials and tribulations of an S54 swap.

I've only seen one other S54 E36 with stock engine management, and the details are a little sketchy on exactly how the swap was done. I'd like to eventually do an E30 S54 with stock engine management.

Originally posted by whysimon
                    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Yes a well done writeup using the stock ecu would be fantastic. I'd like to do either an S54 swap or a twinscrew S/C to my E36 to keep it OBDII emissions legal.

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
                      '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
                      '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
                      SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

Why doesnt everyone just read the S54 into E30 thread on e46fanboys?

That has more technical/wiring diagrams than anyone could ever want to decipher, including step by step documentation of every single modification to make it work.

It's more comprehensive than any other "OTS/Email/Web Forum" write-up you'll ever get.

Sometimes you just gotta make an effort yourself and not expect someone else to solve every issue for you before hand.

Good luck on the swap.
                        -C
                        Below the radar...

Comment

I'm with CLanger - that swap had more pics than a bull could shit.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                          RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Yeah, the E46fanatics thread is informative. It is pretty much just like r3vlimited's comprehensive DOHC swap thread, with a few pages of great information, with the balance being filled with nuthangers, posts that say +1, S54 FTW, etc. But, if it's the only source of info, then so be it.

EDIT: Alas the wiring was not adapted to the E30 C101, rather the E30's wiring was just completely gutted and replaced with a complete E46 harness. I was more just looking for pinouts and how to adapt the S54 to the E30, not a complete gut-out. If you're just gonna run E46 wiring, you could have installed the S54 into a Buick.
                            Last edited by FredK; 05-15-2007, 09:22 AM.

Originally posted by whysimon
                            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

also added this to the start of the thread.

Chapter 2- Ripping the Guts from the Beast
                              Here we are at part 2. This time, it wasnt as clean
                              Now the M50 is out!
                              Start time: 6:00pm
                              End time: 9:00pm

Step One: get prepared. We layed out the tools, and cleaned up our work area.

Step Two:
                              disconnect the wiring harness!

Step Three:
                              Remove cooling system:

Then we put it up on stands, and got dirty

Dropped the exhaust, driveshaft, transmission crossmembers, and motor mounts, and your pretty close to this:

Finally, wiggle the motor free!

The easy part is done.
                              Not bad for 3 hours, give or take a half hour, eh?
                              Im gonna clean it up and hope to get the S54 mounted soon.

Comment

So much for people wanting to see this stuff documented :(

Comment

Working...
                                X