Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My euro 320i/B6 3.5 Alpina Tribute ( Now with turbo power)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kronus View Post
    adjusting your throttle cable slack should not affect your idle, at all.
    It was. and it has plenty of slack in it. I'm gonna play with it more maybe it wasnt really affecting things and I was messing with it for no reason.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Damn, I finally got around to reading all 56 pages. You've put a ton of work into this thing and its really paid off. I even have some inspiration to get started working on my ix for the first time in 10 months.
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
        Damn, I finally got around to reading all 56 pages. You've put a ton of work into this thing and its really paid off. I even have some inspiration to get started working on my ix for the first time in 10 months.

Thanks! Get started! The sooner you start the sooner you'll be done and driving.

So today I started with my temp switch for the electric fan. Its shot, I jumped the two wires going in and the fan kicked on. I then moved on to the coolant temp sensor that sends to the dme its shot aswell.

Manual calls for 2100-2900 I'm significantly less. So I backed off the throttle cable to where it was as i was just messing with it for no reason. I'm 3 damn sensors away....

btw in pic throttle cable as zero slack in it. Its back to how it should be now I was testing something.
        Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 07-24-2016, 12:52 PM.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Just read your whole thread. Love the colour, wheels and alpina bits look amazing! Getting some huge work done, serious dedication man, keep it up!
          Looking forward to the next updates :up:

R.H.D
          M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post
            Just read your whole thread. Love the colour, wheels and alpina bits look amazing! Getting some huge work done, serious dedication man, keep it up!
            Looking forward to the next updates :up:

Thanks!

So i got my new sensor in and no mas. Car still surges but now it surges on start up and will eventually choke it self out. I unplugged icv and car did nothing. So wonder if its that? I will take it home and ohm it out and see whats up and if my spare is any good. Also wonder could it maybe be TPS out of adjustment?

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

ICV checked out so I will be checking my tps adjustment tomorrow I'm also gonna pop the stock chip in and see what happens when that gets put back in.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Def check the TPS. Take a day and test every sensor at ambient and operating temp. When I did all mine I had a bad TPS, coolent temp sensor, O2 sensor, and a dead spot in the AFM.

How's your plugs look? Oil smell like gas? It sounds rich, does the surging go away when it reaches temp?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan335 View Post
                  Def check the TPS. Take a day and test every sensor at ambient and operating temp. When I did all mine I had a bad TPS, coolent temp sensor, O2 sensor, and a dead spot in the AFM.

How's your plugs look? Oil smell like gas? It sounds rich, does the surging go away when it reaches temp?

Its running a little rich because the lack of o2 sensor but m30 in open loop don't really do much. My plugs will look terrible because its only been up to operating temp a couple times. And once the op temp hits the surge came back. But that was before i replace coolant temp sensor. I started it a second time later on and right at beginning it idled perfect but that was only maybe 10 seconds then it surges. Fresh build oil looks great and smell like oil.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                    Its running a little rich because the lack of o2 sensor but m30 in open loop don't really do much. My plugs will look terrible because its only been up to operating temp a couple times. And once the op temp hits the surge came back. But that was before i replace coolant temp sensor. I started it a second time later on and right at beginning it idled perfect but that was only maybe 10 seconds then it surges. Fresh build oil looks great and smell like oil.
                    Interesting, hopefully you wont foul the plugs. The surging is usually the ICV kicking open to keep the engine speed from dropping out from too much fuel. I think an O2 would really help you out. Mine ran like shit without it. I'm not entirely familiar with the 1.3 management, but I'm pretty sure it has to be out of open loop to start adapting and adjusting fuel supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan335 View Post
                      Interesting, hopefully you wont foul the plugs. The surging is usually the ICV kicking open to keep the engine speed from dropping out from too much fuel. I think an O2 would really help you out. Mine ran like shit without it. I'm not entirely familiar with the 1.3 management, but I'm pretty sure it has to be out of open loop to start adapting and adjusting fuel supply.

Just gonna have to wait for my buddy to get his pulled. I bought his Wideband off him since he's parting out his turbo s2k.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

So my TPS was way out of adjustment had zero continuity. I got that down to how it should be and WOW that helped. It idles like a dream now. Still 100rpm high of the 900rpm idle its supposed to have. My only issue now is the original problem has came back. And under light load it dies. I'll let videos do the talking.

And yes i do infact know i have coolant puddle under my car. I didn't get aux fan switch 100% tight. It is now...
                        Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 08-03-2016, 07:22 PM.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

so close!!
                          '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
                            so close!!
                            Indeed! I'm gonna go back tomorrow and do a vac leak test with cigar it is only thing at this point. but I have no clue where it could be cause I've replaced it ALL

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Went and did my smoke test. I got some rubber tubing and poked a hole in a piece of cardboard and then cut the cardboard to the size of the intake boot and then sealed it to the boot with masking tape. Then I lit a swisher and blew in to the hose. What I found is the elbow and hole in the afm boot are cracked/punctured and when putting my hand down to it could feel the air being blown out and see the smoke.

I circled the elbow and boot that are now on order.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Nice! nearly there, man!!
                                Originally posted by LJ851
                                kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                                ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                                #teamross
                                Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Working...
                                X