E30 Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EtaSport View Post
    Lets see those RKs on there. I passed your car on 40 when you were at the il castello on my way home. The guy who owns that place has a silver e92 m3 with carbon roof, so badass.

as soon as i get a chance there will be much BBS goodness going on here!!

btw thanks so much for the wheels!! (for other readers i just bought 16" BBS RK's from EtaSport so stay tuned!)

you passed me at the ol' pizza joint? ha ha you should have stopped in!! yeah me and Sam were getting kinda hungry so we made the GPS search for food.

Comment

Got two new pairs of shoes for my piece of junk....

got some BBS RKs from EtaSport. Hurriedly cleaned my car in the dark and took some night shots under the huge flood light.

My immediate plans are next to get new tires, spacers in the rear, and a stud kit. The wheels sit too far in in the back it seems.

someone got curious as to what i was up to

see how badly i need spacers

there's me!

Comment

Nice fix on that wheel.
        They look great on your car. You NEED spacers though.
        Keep up the good work.

Hunter
        We're out there in here.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
          Nice fix on that wheel.
          They look great on your car. You NEED spacers though.
          Keep up the good work.

thanks!!!

oh i know i need spacers. I knew i would need spacers before i bought the wheels. I am going to get new tires first because these ones are terrible and vibrate bad, and then 15mm hubcentric spacers in the rear and i am not sure what i am getting for the front yet.

Comment

New wheels!! (again)

15x7 Kosei K1s

Comment

Made me some black kidneys

So i took the kidneys from my parts E30 (organ transplant) and i took them apart, cleaned the parts, sanded the parts, and painted black.

Here are some before and after pics. the cool thing is now i have a set of chrome kidneys and a set of black kidneys. (on my car)

Chrome:

Black:

Comment

keep the grills chrome yo.
                -Paolo
                1986 325e RIP.
                1989 525i
                1986 635CSI

Comment

Originally posted by PReta View Post
                  keep the grills chrome yo.
                  I am keeping them yo.

Comment

your car looks real nice! You should re-paint the black undercoating on the lower part of the body and it would look super clean!

Comment

Originally posted by GOOBER View Post
                      your car looks real nice! You should re-paint the black undercoating on the lower part of the body and it would look super clean!
                      A full body restoration and paint job is coming up next

Comment

Just kidding a full body restoration is not coming up next.... lack of monies....

So anyway the newest develpoements with my E30 is that it decided to not idle when cold, but stall out instead. And also overheat.

So to attempt to fix the idle i decided to do the "mess under the intake" delete mod (here at M42club: http://www.m42club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2742) which gave me the chance to do some engine part painting. of course the whole procedure (which took 8 hours) didn't fix the problem at all, but at least now my ICV is accessible and there are way less hoses, and no more stupid throttle body heating plate, and of course the cool colors which makes my M42 faster.

sprayed engine bay with degreaser:

power sprayed it out. yeah it doesn't look much different...

Also power sprayed off the hood insulation which was so old and rotten that it would crumble into dust if you touch it:

started the procedure:

nastyness:

cleaned out the ports:

valve cover time

cleaned. (sort of)

cleaned out the lower intake and put it back on, there was TONS of buildup in this part, didn't take pics though....

back together!

So i am not sure i love the red valve cover or not, i am thinking about scoring a cheap extra valve cover to paint black, but that is later.

And yes i know that cone filter looks like moldy testicle cheese, but i am too cheap and lazy to replace it at the moment.

edit: actually, the rest of the engine bay looks like moldy testicle cheese.
                        Last edited by iamsam; 08-09-2009, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X