Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep the wheels theyre banging

Comment

find a brokedown pos e30 from early eighties,even just a shell with no motor. buy it, use the title, scrap the car and just use its vin plate. also maybe look up the fraud penalties as well.
      97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
      2001 330ci 5 speed
      83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

Don't think I will do anything illegal on this one.

Updates:

Bimmy's a/c = discharged.

Guy didn't pay me for the R12, but he didn't charge me for removing it. Fair enough I guess, don't really feel like making a big fuss about it.

We are going to be making a bracket out of the slider the guy gave us with our racing seat.

We are also now going to remove the entire a/c system and all blower-related components...more to come soon enough.

(1985 Arktisblau Metallic Euro 323i)--Track car

Comment

Good to see another e30 323i around. Mine is moving to WA soon though. Did the A/C work?
          Continuous For Sale Thread
          323i s50

Comment

Yes, it did...which I feel kind of bad about. But oh well. Not necessary for our uses...

Comment

Ok, it's been quite a while since I updated this thread, but it's still alive, and kickin hard.

This project has evolved, devolved, and evolved again. We were unsure of even what we were going to do with it for a while...with no title it seemed useless...but we've found a guy who's been great to work with who is trading us our engine plus cash for a 2.7i stroker that we will eventually turbo. Here are pics of the progress on that swap so far:

Saturday our friend is bringing a 2.5 with all accessories and the 2.7i stroker with none, so we have to transfer all acc. from the 2.5 to the 2.7 and bolt the motor back up. I am moving in one week and the car is coming with me, so we are only concentrating on getting the engine bolted in so that the car is trailerable. Once I get to my destination I'll hook things back up slowly but surely.

I'm really excited we got the engine out.

Comment

So my good ol' friend came today with the 2 engines...

We took off the transmission (don't know why this is blurry)

Took off the clutch and pressure plate

And put an engine in the passenger compartment for extra HP.

No, seriously...I'm not going to try to get all this done before I leave. I have so much to pack it's ridiculous (moving from the west side of WI to the east side this week), so we're going to bolt this, as-is:

into the car for transport. I'll have to pack as many other parts as I can into the trunk and back seat because nobody has bought anything, even though I've gotten probably 15 replies. Don't get it.

Will post more as they come!

Comment

Got the engine in for transport...

Here's the bad 2.5 in the car (fyi it has a bad head gasket):

Junkyard Dog look...

Comment

Working...
                  X