Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China's mineral dominance

...is freaking scary.

China's dominant position in the production of rare earth minerals has long-reaching implications for the U.S. Department of Defense, according to a recent government report.

read something kinda similar a while back, just pointed out the world is letting China exhaust their supply of Natural resources chasing the all mighty dollar.

We have lots of deposits of all kinds of good stuff, as do the Canadians.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

This is nothing new, much like Russia has boat loads of Titanium ore in their region. Siberia and China are vastly unpopulated and under developed regions, this is why using others supplies are key to depleting your own sometimes.

There is a lot of scary implications as to war with other larger nations, but in a Global Economy this tends to be a lesser of a threat. Mutual self destruction is not good.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

The one thing they don't have a lot of is Coal. The United States is the Saudi Arabia of Coal. Currently most of the power generation plants in China are Coal based. Because the government has placed such a bad reputation on coal use here in the states. Coal prices are at bottom allowing China to import metric tons on the cheap. Cut this supply and it will hurt them currently.

The US is sitting with tons of Oil off the Gulf of Mexico. The ban on oil drilling has increased our dependence on overseas oil. While Russa just announced of a new drilling project in the Gulf of Mexico with help from Cuba to harvest the crude right out from our back yard. We will be paying for this in the long run, all in the name of Green Earth!
        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
          The ban on oil drilling has increased our dependence on overseas oil. While Russa just announced of a new drilling project in the Gulf of Mexico with help from Cuba to harvest the crude right out from our back yard. We will be paying for this in the long run, all in the name of Green Earth!
          Obama just lifted the ban.

Comment

Feeding on other countries resources while they are available is brilliant, because in 20, 50, 100 years from now, when the foreign resources will be dry, the few countries that haven't even started exploiting their own, will rule the world.

Look at the UAE, they are rich today, but as soon as their oil resources dry out, the rich guys will wash your car for $1.00 while their wife will suck you dry for $5.00... And the desert will retake the land once populated by camels...
            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I was involved in a wargame devised by the National War College 5 years ago and it involved the DR of Congo, Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi. Further more though it involved China moving into the area and basically planning a proxy war to secure the coltan and other major resources for themselves. There were like 12 groups with each person have a job in the group from president to reporter, I was the Director of Intelligence and we were the only group to use military action hahaha, so glad I am not in that position because I would probably fuck over our nation so much by just recommending military action all the time.

I know, cool story bro, but the point of the matter is, our military and intelligence community at the very least have been taking this seriously for years. Plus we got space on lock down and hopefully will continue to, and then we will have all these rare earth metals in bulk hahaha.
              "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"-Colin McCrae

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post

Very limited drilling and not in most of the gulf.
                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                  Yes, and there still has to be a bunch of ECO tests passed that will take years that are very likely not to pass.

We will see if there is actually any drilling being done in 5 years, I'll bet the answer is no.
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    Yes, and there still has to be a bunch of ECO tests passed that will take years that are very likely not to pass.

We will see if there is actually any drilling being done in 5 years, I'll bet the answer is no.
                    yeah, I was going to say that he opened it up for "exploration". That was the term he used in a speech. He didn't open it for drilling.

It's stupid, but there ya' go.
                    1987 E30 325is
                    1999 E46 323i
                    RIP 1994 E32 740iL
                    oo=[][]=oo

Comment

We have lots of oil we cant go get, the Feds are making big land grabs out west (last month) , to make preserves and shit out of. All Ironically, over potentially some the largest light sweet, oil finds in the last 60 years, 2 of which rival the Saudis in 50's. The Bakken in E MT and the W Dakotas and the Western slope of the Rockies in western CO. there is potential enough oil in those 2 plays alone to handle demand for decades, this dose not include the Biggest off shore find in a decade in the Gulf Deep water, ANWAR, and what they are still finding around Prudhoe. All coupled with our huge reserves of Coal and 2 of the biggest NG fields in the world.

If the govt would get is sticky fingers outta it all, and keep the Hippies from making it illegal to go get the shit we would not be having these talks about energy, oil and natural resources.

Will we see this admin allow drilling in these new Plays en mass NO, I am just waiting till the feds shut down where I am working again and basically lock out the largest untouched NG filed in the world.
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                      X