No announcement yet.

THIS`says a lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you pay taxes, the child tax credit is the Gov't grudgingly giving you back some of your own money, after they've held onto it for a year (interest free) to feed your own children, If you don't pay taxes, the child tax credit is welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
      While things get tight, I've never struggled raising my kid. If you think the Children or Marriage Tax credits are bankrupting this nation, I'd like to honestly see the evidences for such. Again, I'll re-state my point: The taxes I pay in just diapers are more than the $1,000 I get for having a Child. I don't see that this is an issue than to give some cash back to parents at the end of the year. But then again, I don't think we should have our doller taxed 9 times to sunday and beyond.

That's great that you made a decision to not have kids because you'd have to sacrifice a bit of "you" time and money. I'm not against this, and frankly, I admire you sticking to it.

Something for those against the tax credit to keep in mind... the biggest contribution to society one can give, is a well balanced, productive member of society ;) I.e. - Raising the future of America well.
      Single mothers are one of the largest burdens on this country and it's welfare system. The child tax credit is just part of the problem.

Originally posted by sam3 View Post
      If you pay taxes, the child tax credit is the Gov't grudgingly giving you back some of your own money, after they've held onto it for a year (interest free) to feed your own children, If you don't pay taxes, the child tax credit is welfare.
      The first part of your statement is incorrect. While granted you are getting money you paid in taxes back. But if two people earn the same amount of money, one with a child and one without a child, the person with the child ends up with a lower tax burden.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        Single mothers are one of the largest burdens on this country and it's welfare system. The child tax credit is just part of the problem.

The first part of your statement is incorrect. While granted you are getting money you paid in taxes back. But if two people earn the same amount of money, one with a child and one without a child, the person with the child ends up with a lower tax burden.

Evidences, please. Welfare is a terrible system. I'm not talking about Welfare though. I'm talking about the Child Tax Credit. You might say they are one in the same, but that's not true. I know more people with kids with good jobs, businesses, lifes, etc, etc... that contribute as uposed to Welfare mothers. And again, you can't lump everyone on Welfare together. Is there a growing portion that are abusing the system? Yes, yes there are. And these people shouldn't be allowed to continue abusing the system. The same could be said though for dead beat dads that walk out on women after one or two kids leaving the mother's to struggle to make ends meet. If there were more Men and less "Boys that can Shave" walking around with their cocks swinging trying to lay every girl/woman they encounter, maybe there wouldn't be quite so many indigent mothers. Just sayin'. Men in this country are disgustingly frail, loser types that think they have a right to sleep with however many women they want without consequences or believe that they shouldn't be "forced" to care for and provide for the "family" they just started.

The second half of your scenerio makes a bit of sense but has a few faults. The taxes that two people making the same amount of money yet one has a child and one does not is not complete. One pays more taxes in caring for said child than the one that does not. On one side of the table, yes, you're correct. It doesn't appear fair that two people making identical incomes should have different tax "burdens" to carry. But on the other, you can clearly see that one is carrying a bigger tax "burden" in having a dependant. I'm not sure why $1,000 of their own tax money being given back to them is such a huge issue for single unmarried or even married without children types is.
        Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Are you people actually criticizing tax credits? This country has a relatively low birth rate. If you want to keep jobs here, then we need to continue having kids and the tax credit offers an incentive to do so. Even if the kids are losers from loser families, they will most likely still be working some sort of job and someone needs to work at McDonald's.

Comment

You chose to have a dependent. So it's a "burden" you chose to take. There should be no break for it.

h0lmes, we are not losing jobs because we don't have enough people to fill the positions. We are losing jobs to countries with cheaper labor markets, partly to blame are oppressive tax obligations and regulatory restrictions on manufacturing in this country.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
            X