Main relay problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main relay problems

Long story short: I'm in the middle of a 2.7i swap. Everything is hooked up, car is cranking but at this point there is no spark, or fuel and no injector clicking when cranking. Went through the Bentley testing everything and found that there is no power to pin 37 (one of the 2 power sources of the main relay). I went to the main and found that there was at 4 prong relay instead of a 5 prong that is supposed to be there. Plug the 5 prong in and immediately fry the jumper wire that goes from one side to the other. So I had a helper connect 37 and ground and when I touch the now fried jumper wires together there's voltage to 37, but the wires are still shorting ..I'm lost as to what I should do next and not able to hold the jumper wire together long enough to see if it'll create spark, and fuel flow when cranking
    Last edited by Hunterg; 06-15-2014, 12:45 PM.

Originally posted by Hunterg View Post
    Long story short: I'm in the middle of a 2.7i swap. Everything is hooked up, car is cranking but at this point there is no spark, or fuel and no injector clicking when cranking. Went through the Bentley testing everything and found that there is no power to pin 37 (one of the 2 power sources of the main relay). I went to the main and found that there was at 4 prong relay instead of a 5 prong that is supposed to be there. Plug the 5 prong in and immediately fry the jumper wire that goes from one side to the other. So I had a helper connect 37 and ground and when I touch the now fried jumper wires together there's voltage to 37, but the wires are still shorting ..I'm lost as to what I should do next and not able to hold the jumper wire together long enough to see if it'll create spark, and fuel flow when cranking
    Pins can pull out of the underside of the fuse box, you could look and see that all the pins are still undamaged under there and start moving back from there. I've seen a car pull the wires out of the bottom of the fuse box with the steering column.
    Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
    Bimmerbuddies LLC
    717-388-1256
    2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
    bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
    X