Fuel injector harness question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel injector harness question

I bought this car with work done I'm trying to reverse engineer. Someone put in 19lb injectors. 2 questions.

1. My fuel rail does not have an outlet at the end opposite of the fpr. I noticed a stock one does. What is it for and why don't I have one?

2. My electrical harness seems to have been cut and taped off, maybe to fit the breather tube? Is this normal when putting in 19lb injectors? See pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1403112320747.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	7239325

fyi I'm trying to track down a lean issue. Fuel pump, filter, regulator, ecu all check out.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    '90 325is

I need to look in to mine, that a late model correct?
    All the 19lb installs I've done (quite a few) its a simple unbolt everything and just swap injectors and that's all.

Comment

Yes it's a late model 1990 built in1989. I figured it was a simple swap so I may pull the harness, rail, and injectors and start over. Just confirm for me if you could.

'90 325is

Comment

Can you take a pic of the fpr? And yeah looked at mine, there should be no break in the harness rail other than 2 places. One in between cyl 3&4 and on the end toward cyl1.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoffbrohaus View Post
          Yes it's a late model 1990 built in1989. I figured it was a simple swap so I may pull the harness, rail, and injectors and start over. Just confirm for me if you could.

Yup, can be done in under 45min, have some silicone grease handy to slip the new injectors in with. Just a very small amount on each O ring is enough. It's possible with out it, but makes things much faster to get back together.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
          1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
          1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
          1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
          1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
          1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
          Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
          1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
          1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

1: the fuel feed line just changed positions on the late style rails either style rail works as long as your hoses reach.

2. somebody may have broken the plastic cover trying to remove it before and just taped it up?
            Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
            Bimmerbuddies LLC
            717-388-1256
            2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
            bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

it looks like they cut it around the vac hose on the valve cover. wow.

the whole thing comes out pretty easy, just pry up on the harness and it'll pop off the injectors. it disconnects via a round connector under the throttle, then you can inspect the wires and replace it if necessary.

oh and use a flathead screwdriver to remove the hose first. lol. some meathead couldn't figure that out apparently..
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Perfect thanks guys. I found this article too, looks like no breaks in the harness at all. I'm not even going to inspect the wires, just going to replace it. While I have the injectors out I'll get those cleaned too. Saw someone on here that does it cheap :)

Meathead for sure. I have taken off that valve cover breather tube before to replace the valve cover gasket not a big deal.

Edit: Anyone have a harness they are willing to sell me?
                '90 325is

Comment

Working...
                X