E30 Radio kills Rear lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Radio kills Rear lights

My rear lights + license plate lights haven't been working... I pulled radio out unhooked my obc and re-capped some of my radio wires. I then replaced fuse 23 because it blew when I pulled radio out and now my lights work but my radio turns on and doesn't have sound. help?

any ideas?

Comment

You may have blown something in your light switch. It's a strange beast. Sorry - off the top of my head, that's the best I can do.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
        You may have blown something in your light switch. It's a strange beast. Sorry - off the top of my head, that's the best I can do.
        The lights work now though. The radio just doesn't produce sound. From my understanding they should have no connection to each other other then the illumination which isn't connected?

Comment

What did you change to make the lights work? We're not mind readers here - more info you can provide is helpfull.

Comment

What did you change to make the lights work? We're not mind readers here - more info you can provide is helpfull.
            "I pulled radio out unhooked my obc and re-capped some of my radio wires. I then replaced fuse 23 because it blew when I pulled radio out"

It said what I did in the thread :p

Edit: Fuse 23 didn't blow till I pulled radio out.

Edit Edit: Just randomly started working... So confused.
            Last edited by E30_Kyle; 05-22-2017, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Any other weird electrical issues going on at the same time (i.e. slow wipers or windows, o2 sensor warning)? I've not had the exact issue, but I've had similar stuff happen when an alternator was not delivering enough power.

Anything rewired in the trunk for the speakers or aftermarket headunit? Could be an short of some kind.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Kyle View Post
                Edit Edit
                I read your post. I was asking what happened to cause that.

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
                  Any other weird electrical issues going on at the same time (i.e. slow wipers or windows, o2 sensor warning)? I've not had the exact issue, but I've had similar stuff happen when an alternator was not delivering enough power.

Anything rewired in the trunk for the speakers or aftermarket headunit? Could be an short of some kind.
                  Just randomly started working... No idea what happened. It has wires +/- and ground running to trunk but none of it is hooked up on either end.

I read your post. I was asking what happened to cause that.
                  The edit edit I meant to put radio started working randomly.

Comment

Working...
                  X