Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any E30 Stereo Gurus in the PA-NY-NJ area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any E30 Stereo Gurus in the PA-NY-NJ area?

Gruppe,
    I am trying to retro-fit my 1992 E30 Cabrio back to a stock E30 stereo.

I have an unsullied section of E30 stereo harness that would plug right into a stock e30 radio, BUT, it does not exactly match up with what is coming out of my 1992 Cab.
    I am assuming I have either a year difference here or its a cabrio difference or some premium sound thing vs. non premium.
    I'm just not fluent enough in E30 stereo to know the differences over the years (or if it being a Cab changes the equation).
    I've been reading threads on R3V all day and my head is spinning.

I have the correct ETM but its not super clear to me.

I have a very nice condition E30 head unit that came from my race car that I wish to put into the cab.

I'd like to get this cabrio back to as stock radio as stock could be, but I cant tell what is stock and what has been altered in there.
    There are splices in there that look like they might be stock, but then again they seem somewhat too convoluted to be stock.

When I got it the car had a modern CD head unit in it.
    I think it has some kind of aftermarket speakers in the front and I took some kind of sub out of the trunk so its been messed with a bit.

I was hoping my untouched section of E30 radio harness would be a clean match, then it would have been snip at the car, match colors, crimp, heatshrink, plug BMW connectors into BMW radio.
    Noise.

I have been putting this job off for 2 years now, driving around with a blanking plate in the cabrio (which honestly has been just fine) but I guess I should complete the job.

I'm man enough to admit, I'll pay someone to do it, if they can do it better, cleaner, faster than me. But,,, its gotta be someone who will do it "right".
    No red or blue insulated auto store crimps, no scotch locks, looking for a super clean reversion with high quality crimps, with heat shrink, etc.

Can anyone recommend someone?
    If not a shop an individual whos good at stereo and speaks fluent E30 in the PA, NY, NJ area?
    I'll pay him or her.
    I'm looking to wind the clock back to a stock E30 system, for better or worse, dead stock.

Thanks
    jimmy p
    Jimmy P.
    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
    88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
    92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
    98 318Ti Morea Green
    04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine
Working...
X