• Show
Clear All

I'm going to kick that curse's ass whether it likes it or not
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by RickSloan View Post
      its the m30 curse man... they dont like deadlines
      QFT! My deadline was about 6 months ago. Still not on the road.

Comment

Engine is 95% back together. I still need to put the oil pan on and a few little things, but things are looking good so far. Hopefully I can get it in the car tomorrow night and start troubleshooting the little things.
        Byron
        Leichtbau

Comment

good luck man, thats awesome

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

I have the M30 curse too! Engine is looking good so far keep posting so you stay pumped up to get it done!
            1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan
            Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | BBS RC090 17x8 | EAT Chip | Port + Polish | IE 284 Cam | Built valvetrain

Comment

poop

Forgot that I need the pressure plate preloader tool to put my clutch on, so I got nowhere today. Nowhere around even has one; I'm hoping that Inskip BMW will let me borrow theirs again. I would have been all done today too :(
              Byron
              Leichtbau

Comment

preloader tool?

Comment

I don't know the actual name for it. It engages the pressure plate so you can line the disk up and torque the bolts down evenly.
                  Byron
                  Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post

I'm not going to be driving this car far enough to worry about gas prices, and even if I do I'm sure the 2.93 will help me out. I almost diddnt even do this today- I was going to go to NY with Alex to look at a 911, but the guy never picked up his phone.
                    Now all we need to do is find you an s42 to put in your car.
                    i know some one who has one laying around/.

Comment

Clutch disc alignment tool? You can use the transmission input shaft to align the splines. It ain't pretty, but in a pinch, it works.

How did you get the bolts out?

Originally posted by whysimon
                      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

you actually compress the pressure plate to install? just tighten in a pattern a bit at a time and you should be ok. unless you have a very serious clutch going in?

Comment

Too tired for a big update, but it's not going to Limerock. :(

The m30 curse strikes again. Feel free to say I told you so, Rick. lol.

I'll update when I get back on Tuesday.
                          Byron
                          Leichtbau

Comment

Hmmm.subscribed.
                            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

some one needs to please beat this curse...

Comment

It wasn't even the engine this time. I tried extracting the bolts as I really don't want to weld the subframe up, but I broke 3 of my extractors off inside the bolts. I can't even drill them out easily now :(

I did find that BMW made holes in the tops of the frame rails though right above where the bolts would come through, so I'm just going to weld some nuts up there and use longer bolts.
                                Byron
                                Leichtbau

Comment

Working...
                                X