No announcement yet.

Empty pockets and lazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything is for sale for the right price ;).

Got the transmission and driveshaft out of my parts car this weekend.
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

Sweet project. You remind me of myself except no eta, no color change, i have the m50 and i did it over about two years. :)

I feel your pain with the empty pockets thing haha. College is good at draining the little money you may have.

Good luck with the M30 and all your other plans. Keep the updates frequent ;)
      -Chris

Comment

So pretty much nothing in common :). Thanks for the support, Chris. I'm looking forward to seeing your car with the turbo, good luck.

Progress has been slow due to the new job using up all my time. At least I have money though. New parts progress by the end of next week ;).
        Byron
        Leichtbau

Comment

Meh its still building one of our beloved e30's. Motor swaping, painting and rebuilding suspension. Its chill. Thanks! GL bro
          -Chris

Comment

its lookin good bro. looking forward to the next update!
            clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Stick a turbo on that M30 while it's out there, and join the club. :D

Nice car, dude.... Good luck with the project!
              sigpic

Comment

Updates took a bit longer than I thought due to blowing the headgasket in the saab and getting my first speeding ticket.

All new gaskets arrived today

I'll probably start changing them tomorrow. Hopefully the car will be running by the end of March vacation.
                Byron
                Leichtbau

Comment

do ya have all the M30 swap parts? March is right around the corner!

Originally posted by whysimon
                  WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

The only big things I still need are 2 more people to buy Joe's mounts so he can make them and a computer. My steering rack should arrive soon, and after that I only really need to clean everything up and get the stupid eta outta the engine bay.
                    Byron
                    Leichtbau

Comment

Power washed the engine today. It was 35 out :(.

Too bad you cant see the extent of how dirty it was before. It cleaned up nicely. I ran out of work to do at work, so I have a few weeks vacation to work on this. I hope to have it all painted and back together by next weekend.
                      Byron
                      Leichtbau

Comment

:woowoo: I finally got the steering rack

(sorry about the big pic, photobucket fucks up every time I try to re-size it)

It has ps fluid all over it from shipping, but it only has 5000 miles on it since it was rebuilt.

Looks like getting the engine in over break isn't going to happen because I still don't have the mount situation worked out.
                        Byron
                        Leichtbau

Comment

Are you gonna paint that block? THat rust color would drive me nuuuttsss. But I suppose that might be tricky. Will be cool to see how it turns out!
                          - Sean Hayes

Comment

lookin great bro....gimmie a shout when you comin down the shop?
                            -His-
                            87 e30 325i
                            87 e24 m6
                            05 e83 x3
                            94 e32 740i 5spd
                            -Hers-
                            89 e30 325i
                            18 f48 x1

Comment

How did it look under the valve cover and oil pan ?

Can't wait to see you finish it up !!!
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Sean- Yeah, the rust is driving me nuts just sitting in my garage, I'm gonna take a wire wheel to the whole thing then put some black high heat paint on it. Anyone have suggestions at to what paint to use?

Cory- I've been meaning to call you. I always forget when I get out of class and remember when I get back to Wakefield. What times are you free next week?

Jean- Under the valve cover looked good, a little varnish but not too bad. Haven't gotten to take the oil pan off yet to see. My worse discovery so far was the timing chain was extremely loose, I cant believe it didn't skip a tooth.
                                Byron
                                Leichtbau

Comment

Working...
                                X