Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30edward View Post
    post some pics when u get a chance.
    This saturday i'll be doing work and taking pics, and they will be here asap

Comment

Nice project! Looks like it is coming along well. If you are looking for an Alpine White II front IS lip in the next month or so let me know. The one is coming off my car soon and is perfect.

I am partial to Alpine E30s. ;)
      sigpic

Comment

Interior Progress

Ok, the results were not quite as spectacular as i had envisioned. I started scrubbing and cleaning the carpet in my eta parts car, and it turned out to be more stained than i thought, and i decided not to swap out the carpet.

Cleaning the seats was a faliure. All i had was the Turtle Wax carpet cleaner, and all it did was to get the seats damp, and didn't remove any stains. So at this point i decided to just swap the seats, and do a little vacuuming in the meantime.

Overall, the interior looks much better, but not as good as i had anticipated. Later on i guess i will buy much newer carpets and seats.

I also tore out all of the (terrible) wiring that the PO had snaked everywhere for his huge sound system.

I also swapped out the fart can exhaust with stock which by the way was a total success!!! thanks to mattdk318i!

pics:

The stock exhaust i got in the mail:

The loud annoying exhaust that i had previously rigged up

The loud exhaust out, all one piece (anyone wanna buy it real cheap...)

the stock exhaust in. Note the hideous cut of the bumper that the PO did to accommodate his exhaust

the nasty wiring job of the PO. That is really where the wire was run. Under the floor mats.

seats out:

vacuumed, (not scrubbed, i figured not worth it, i hate this blue carpet)

the pile of wires i extricated from the car. (wrench for scale)

new (stained) seats in

so... anyone know how to clean seats?

btw, the stock exhaust is a HUGE relief. normal sound!! i can accelerate now without being totally embarrassed! the car feels faster, but probably just from the lack of noise.
        Last edited by iamsam; 11-02-2008, 07:15 PM.

Comment

i don't know if it's just me but the pics aren't working...
          just x's...

Comment

i don't know if it's just me but the pics aren't working...
            just x's...
            1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
            1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
            1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
            1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

ok can you see the pics now?

Comment

looking good buddy
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mattdk318i View Post
                  looking good buddy
                  why thank you.

Comment

that looks a lot better now...

just clean those seats and you got some nice houndstooth...

Comment

Dude that's the same set up I was going to have on my suspension but I got eibach sports for now because I got them for free but I might put some H&R races on there to lower it more.

And as for the interior do a black tan combo I saw someone else on this forum with it and it looks amazing

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                      1st thing: swap out the super loud fart can muffler for a stock one or a cheap mild modified one.

2nd: a front iS valence lip and a new rear spoiler lip, remove blue pin stripes

3rd: Bilstien Sport shocks and H&R Sport springs

4th: new tan or black interior

Check out my stuff for salehttp://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post1600997
                      anything you need I can find just shoot a PM

Comment

Soo clean! Ya just get a basic a magnaflow muffler, paint the is spoiler on the trunkand get that rear bumper fixed and painted but that is such a nice find man. Oh and add some clean wheels to it like rota's or weaves

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                        Allrighty ladies and gents!! I finally got my E30 insured and tagged, and i washed it (for the first time) and took some snaps. You can all clearly see the things on this car that needs to be fixed.

Any thoughts, opinions, or ideas are welcomed!

The fart can rice-muffler

Check out my stuff for salehttp://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post1600997

Comment

Why did you quote all those photos?
                          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                            Why did you quote all those photos?
                            Why does it matter if I quoted all of them?
                            Plus im on my iPhone and didn't want to take the time to change it

Comment

It makes it super annoying for the rest of us to have to scroll through them again.
                              cars beep boop

Comment

that looks a lot better now...

just clean those seats and you got some nice houndstooth...
                                yeah i will have to do some research on how to clean those seats, i tried with carpet cleaner and it did nothing. Maybe a steam cleaner of some kind.

Originally posted by etta325 View Post
                                Dude that's the same set up I was going to have on my suspension but I got eibach sports for now because I got them for free but I might put some H&R races on there to lower it more.

And as for the interior do a black tan combo I saw someone else on this forum with it and it looks amazing
                                Yeah i actually have recently decided to go with H&R Race rather than Sport for a more aggressive drop. When i do eventually start looking for an interior, it will definitely either be tan, black, or both.

Originally posted by etta325 View Post
                                Soo clean! Ya just get a basic a magnaflow muffler, paint the is spoiler on the trunkand get that rear bumper fixed and painted but that is such a nice find man. Oh and add some clean wheels to it like rota's or weaves
                                The wing is definitely going to bug me until i get that painted, that is next on the agenda. i just need to find an electric sander to borrow. My primary wheel choice is 16x7.5 Borbet type T, although Rotas would look good for the right price, as well as some Ronal, or BBS or Konig weaves.

Comment

Working...
                                X