S52e30 IA buildup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52e30 IA buildup!

So I bought myself a present Christmas eve.

Hey, how did that get in there?

Probably explains my shit-eating grin in pic 1 :D

See the exhaust on the right?

I was wearing earplugs

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

My brother's ears were ringing for quite a bit!

This car has to get me to and from school, so the exhaust had to go! Feast your eyes on the exhaust pictured above on the left! Junkyard special, unknown brand. The muffler is stainless though! Along with that, I nabbed a slightly damaged OBD2 midsection. It needed new downpipes, so I headed to a local exhaust shop and had it put on.

Sorry, no sound clips. :( It was very quiet, really too quiet to get on camera with all the wind we'd been having. It still had a good sound to it, and I could hear wonder 24v engine noises again!

The catback was temporary, I had a little upgrade in shipping

Now for some sound clips!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

For some more history on the car - Herb, the P.O., had Treehouse Racing do the swap. It's mated to a 260, with a 3.73 LSD. It's converted to OBD1 with the S50/M50 manifold. Apparently it was chipped for a euro HFM, though it was running a stockie. I had one sitting around, as well as a 3.5" AA intake, so I slapped that on for some noticable butt dyno gains :)

Still limited to 6800 and 128mph though. That will probably chance by next week!

The car had the rear seats, tar, and carpet stipped out (and some other small trim) but Herb had a friend selling a tan interior locally for a good price - $250. I dropped by and picked it up the next week! This is what I did with it:

Originally posted by Mr Two View Post
    I wanted to do something similar to what I did to the tan interior in my e28, but unfortunately there is no actual insert to the door panels - they are all one piece. I was diligent with taping but still had some overspray. The front panels came out fine, but the rears were too soft to really scrape off the dye. I ended up painting over the faux stitching board of the ribbed portion by hand. I'll be taking an exacto to it to clean it up when I get home this weekend. The carpet still needs to be pressure washed. This is going with a black rear seat with m-tech pins, and two memoryFab R98s in black microfiber with a carbon kevlar shell :D

A little mock up

Not much prep is needed to get the dye to adhear well. Just clean the surface well, scuff it with some sandpaper, and get to spraying! You'll usually want more than one coat. I've got two, with the third and fourth this weekend. Weather didn't provide much paint time unfortunately :(

I love these mats :)

A link to the seats I mentioned: http://www.memoryfab.com/products/detail_accessories_4/ (They have a nice used wheel section too!)

When I sell the wheels off the e28 (17" staggered Borbet Type T's :) ) I'll probably be ordering them.

Speaking of wheels, when funds allow those slips are gone, or atleast becoming winter wheels. Still looking for what I want, but I've been leaning towards BBS Impuls in 16" or 17" with a decent lip.

Currently the car needs a little maintenance, the center bearing is on its way out and likes to make that known if any hard accelleration is tried in first or second. I've got a new center bearing and guibo to put in this weekend in 20-30 degree weather. I'll also be changing the plugs and the valve cover gasket. Here's to hoping it warms up some so I can tackle some other paint projects!

The car will be painted black come the summer, but it is getting a touch of rat rod until then. Assuming we can work against the cold, there should be some cosmetic updates come this weekend!

Interesting take on the door panels... Looks good.

I run the same catback. Pretty good, but a lil noisy for my liking.

Get it resprayed, and you will have a sweet lil bmdub.
    sigpic

Comment

I saw that car on Craigslist.

Comment

looks good. hope u have fun with it.

Comment

Welp. This weekend didn't go as planned. Was in the process of a new CSB and guibo, when I see the glint of sheared metal. Turns out my trans output flange is fucked!

Got a new one coming, and the appropriate seal. I'll be back there anyway.

So, I had ordered UUC's 11.75" BBK, but it turns out they are developing something new, and I've been offered a chance to be one of the first to run it :D

Should be some decent updates this coming weekend.

Comment

did u upgrade the brakes too or just simple motor swap?

Comment

The brakes were still stock aside from upgraded pads in the front when I bought the car. I picked it up christmas eve as stated in the O.P.

Since then I've had the side pipes replaced with an OBD2 midsection and a UUC system U, grabbed a full interior for it, put a passable stereo in it, and replaced the 3.0" HFM and tiny cone filter with an AA intake and euro HFM (which it was chipped for already) and grabbed some headlights for it. It only had the highbeam buckets in when I bought it. She also BADLY needed tires.

UUC's front BBK is on the way, and I've got new pads and rotors for the rear, and with said BBK comes stainless lines f+r, so I should be set on brakes :)

Once I sell some more parts from the e36 I'll be picking up the parts required to switch to an e34 oil pan so I can get some camber plates and slam the front. Apparently there is also an OEM skid plate which I am looking into as well. I'll probably grab one of the Zen lower braces by then too, and a TRM chip.

I can't wait till my e28 is sold - I'll be getting a lot of goodies!

Comment

Bumperless! But not for long. Fenders are just about ready to go back on. Then comes the hood and trunk.

Oh output flange, I hardly knew ye. When I took it off, there was no lock washer. Gonna make sure I pick one up at BMW of Nashville.

This seal was a bitch, until I realised the metal under the rubber was part of it. I took a small open ended wrench, got some leverage around the outer lip surrounding the seal, and tapped the end with a hammer. Popped right out! The new one is in ever so slightly crooked. Should I try to get it in more evenly, or is this not a big deal?

Taking out the driveshaft is very easy. Seemed a little intimidating at first, but it's really a piece of cake. Word of advice though, get some snap right pliers before you try and replace a CSB. You can make do without it if you have patience, but it will take a while.

I cut the rubber on the old center bearing to make it easier to replace. It seemed to be in decent shape actually. But, for $50, since I was replacing the guibo and output shaft anyway I figured I may as well. It's already seen a decent amount of track time and hopefully will see more in the near future, and the S52 is a lot more powerful than the M20 this thing used to support.

Stickers add horsepower, of course.

I love this exhaust. Can't wait to get her back on the road just so I can hear it again. Unfortunately it's a bit tucked under the bumper, so you can't see the detail on the tips. When my welding skills are adequate I'm going to grab some SS replica headers and weld up a custom catless midpipe and get this thing sitting nicely! I've got a bit of work to do but I should finish up this weekend. Gotta check my funds, but I may be ordering a TRM chip tomorrow. Hopefully, with that and the new plugs it will pull as it should above 6k.

Comment

Hah, I saw this on SA and almost thought I was seeing things!

Comment

I want your headlight wipers! (And I just may have some in the mail)

Do you have stairs in your house? :p

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Two View Post
                      I want your headlight wipers! (And I just may have some in the mail)

Do you have stairs in your house? :p
                      I am protected. :)

Comment

Fucking sweet. I saw it on SA first too, and I wasn't disappointed checking it out a second time.

Comment

You already have an e34 oil pan, so don't go out and buy one.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
                          Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
                          Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

I could have sworn Herb said it still had the stock oil pan on it - I called him a while back about it. I could be mixing things up though.

Comment

Your car sounds delicious! :nice:
                              Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                              X