Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first car, a rusty e30... bad idea!? (lots of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, awesome transformation mate!

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
    RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Wow, talk about a second chance at life!

Welcome aboard R3V

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

damn good job, love the color too

Comment

wow that is looking pretty beautiful..what a comeback!

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
          Originally posted by scabzzzz
          I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
          1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
          2002 325i - DD
          2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

super clean car mang
            84 ETA

Comment

nice nice !
              :pimp:

Comment

what headlights are those?
                AW 89' 325i Vert - SOLD

Comment

You saved her! :bow:

Comment

Wow thanks :D

I've not saved it completely, haven't checked the body completely for rust, but suprisingly the drivers/passenger footwell are unharmed!
                    But yea, some rust definantly remains where you can't see it but now I can drive around in it without embarrassment

I just payed for my LSD so it should get shipped anytime now.

Been lookin at some recaros

I like these

These are awesome but price is a bit too high for me and they probably don't go well with blue.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-2002-E21-Porsche-VW-Golf-Alfa-Vintage-Recaro-Seats_W0QQitemZ120404418336QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMoto rs_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1204044183 36&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171|65%3A 12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I might just end up buying some racingseats from OMP or something

Comment

love the color find some clean sport int keep her clean

Comment

Originally posted by shmutzigE30 View Post
                        what headlights are those?
                        Smoked Hellas (too lazy to mod my own and they were in shit shape so I didn't bother)

Originally posted by e30turboboy View Post
                        love the color find some clean sport int keep her clean
                        Yea I'm thinking about going that route. I might go black cause I don't think there are any mtech chairs that are blue.

Comment

Nice job man. I have the same color...keep her looking that sharp!

Comment

wow i dont think i have ever seen an e30 rot out that bad! and i live in the crappy midwest!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by desertvert View Post
                              Nice job man. I have the same color...keep her looking that sharp!
                              Thanks, I will protected it against further rust as much as I can.

Originally posted by e30ballin View Post
                              wow i dont think i have ever seen an e30 rot out that bad! and i live in the crappy midwest!
                              Yea... salt on the roads will do this. But I think maybe it's been parked on grass before.

Oh and good news.
                              This arrived today!

3.73 LSD, done about 160000km.
                              The bushing is shot so I'm waiting for a powerflex one.
                              What oil should I run?

Comment

Yea it is one, don't remember what brand I'll have to check that later...
                                It's some german brand, I'll attach a pic and the name of the store I bought it from.

I'm getting an LSD soon so that will help tremendously, and increase the tirepressure on the rear tires for less traction.
                                Do you have any tips on what to do to make it more driftable on tarmac?
                                Maybe some technique? I think I may be too gentle with the car :p
                                im learning how to drift my self but i have a 318is with m42..

LSD is a must. You kinda have to be hard on your car when you drift tho. for tire pressure dont go crazy making the rear end easier to kick out because traction is key when you drift you can really notice a big difference in control with nice tires. but since you are somewhat "underpowered" just try to make your car lighter while headin to the track and dont be afraid to clutch kick hard to keep the car out and ebrake is your best friend. for better advice i would talk to the guys with more experience drifting these cars. getting a drift button helps alot cuz it sucks when you do a drift and you realize your ebrake was up the entire time unless your good about putting it down.

o and for technique what seems to help me the most is to not be afraid to carry a little extra speed because its way easier to keep the tires spinning when your underpowered and dont be afraid to copy what ae86s do haha

Comment

Working...
                                X