Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first car, a rusty e30... bad idea!? (lots of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good work, cleaned up nicely!

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

What color is that? Its beautiful.
      '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Wohoo, I've got some new fresh badges on the car!
        I was considering black badges to go with the black hellas but decided on standard blue since it goes well with the color of the car.

Also got all gear-shift bushes, just need to get a z3 shifter and I'll have a nice stiff shifter.

What do you guys think about a couple of Schnitzers on my car?
        Maybe respray them in a nice dark color? Or bronze? Or leave them as they are?

Originally posted by wolfgangstbd View Post
        im learning how to drift my self but i have a 318is with m42..

LSD is a must. You kinda have to be hard on your car when you drift tho. for tire pressure dont go crazy making the rear end easier to kick out because traction is key when you drift you can really notice a big difference in control with nice tires. but since you are somewhat "underpowered" just try to make your car lighter while headin to the track and dont be afraid to clutch kick hard to keep the car out and ebrake is your best friend. for better advice i would talk to the guys with more experience drifting these cars. getting a drift button helps alot cuz it sucks when you do a drift and you realize your ebrake was up the entire time unless your good about putting it down.

o and for technique what seems to help me the most is to not be afraid to carry a little extra speed because its way easier to keep the tires spinning when your underpowered and dont be afraid to copy what ae86s do haha
        Thanks for the advice, Clutch-kicking seems to be the answer since my e-brake has almost zero response :P, have to pull it really hard and high to lock the wheels or maybe I just need more training.
        I don't want to do much clutch kickin until I've mounted the new diff, since the one I have on right now is the weaker model ( 168 ) and will probably break after a few tries :roll:

Oh and doesn't clutch kickin wear out the clutch? Should I invest on a racing clutch?

Also need to find a nice big place with no traffic to practice on though.

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
        Good work, cleaned up nicely!
        Thanks, I still has som cleaning up to do though.

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
        What color is that? Its beautiful.
        I'm glad to hear that everyone seems to like the colour :)
        As stated before :p, it's Gletscherblau-metallic 280.

Comment

under the ebrake boot are two nuts that go to the ebrake.. you can tighten them but u just might have to rebulid your ebrake drums... and seems like theres no point in investing in a racing clutch cuz there expensive and will wear out just as quick. you probably know bbut just in case when you ebrake out the clutch in and rev up. heel-toe if you can do it is great on entries

Comment

under the ebrake boot are two nuts that go to the ebrake.. you can tighten them but u just might have to rebulid your ebrake drums... and seems like theres no point in investing in a racing clutch cuz there expensive and will wear out just as quick. you probably know bbut just in case when you ebrake out the clutch in and rev up. heel-toe if you can do it is great on entries
            Yea I know about the two nuts, but last time I adjusted them I thought I adjusted it to tight so that the e-brake was on all the time... now I realise it's my front brakes that are making the whistling sound, I'll tighten the ebrake a bit more now and try it some... thanks for the tips.

Oh and ofc clutch is down when ebraking :razz:

Comment

you know what sweden has that norway doesnt?.....good neighbors:D
              fin bil du har
              keep the ac's as they are..my $.02
              Shoot, move, and communicate...

......Semper Fidelis.....

Comment

Would I be hated if I said I liked the rusty look?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                  Yes. :o
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by killa325i View Post
                    you know what sweden has that norway doesnt?.....good neighbors:D
                    fin bil du har
                    keep the ac's as they are..my $.02
                    HaHa... men tackar tackar, (är inte svensk i blodet ändå )

Thanks, you guys think 5000kr ($600) is a good price for the rims? They have been recently sandblasted and painted... I'll have a closer look on them this weekend.

I'll see how they look like stock on the car, if I get bored maybe I'll repaint them.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                    Watch it or I'll fly over and pour salt all over your car and watch it corrode!
                    Let's see how you like it then :P

Comment

Trade for rat infestation?

Comment

you dont need the ebrake to tight where ever you liike it at really but dont abuse it like you see alot of people yank it as hard as they can brake a little to take some weihgt off the back and you will notice you dont have to ebrake so hard.. you can try to learn heel toe to its hard but works good when you get it down

Comment

you dont need the ebrake to tight where ever you liike it at really but dont abuse it like you see alot of people yank it as hard as they can brake a little to take some weihgt off the back and you will notice you dont have to ebrake so hard.. you can try to learn heel toe to its hard but works good when you get it down
                          I see, I've been practicing heel-toe but I don't see the benefit with heel-toe when it comes to drifting, since without heel-toe more weight is transferred to the front making the rear tires lose grip more easily?
                          Maybe it's for the smoother weight transition?

Comment

What a lovely car! You have done very nice with it

May I suggest Helios recaro out of an A2 Volkswagen? I think it will go quite nice with the blue interior you have going

1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan
                            Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | BBS RC090 17x8 | EAT Chip | Port + Polish | IE 284 Cam | Built valvetrain

Comment

Originally posted by solxe View Post
                              I see, I've been practicing heel-toe but I don't see the benefit with heel-toe when it comes to drifting, since without heel-toe more weight is transferred to the front making the rear tires lose grip more easily?
                              Maybe it's for the smoother weight transition?

you really have to brake hard but its jsut a more agressive clutch kick entry.

Comment

wow. enough said
                                harry/harout

Comment

Working...
                                X