New arrival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New arrival

My e30 finally showed up thursday night, via car carrier. Needless to say, there is a lot of work to be done. The PO apparently decided that he didnt get enough for the car, since when i recieved it there was a battery and alternator missing, as well as a power steering pump hanging the fuck on the ground. The body panels are all surprisingly straight and clean, minus the rear bumper (small crack + cracked rear trim) and the RD front bumper. The plan was to get some of the mechanical issues straightened out and some paint this weekend. It turned into an epic fail of sorts.

My friends Chris (Nfshot) and dennis were coming up friday night and were going to lend a hand. The WHPD decided to stop them about 1/4 mile away from my house and harrass chris about his e30, saying he was driving too close to the middle line, that he had a "kinda dim taillight", and that the officer smelled a 'slight hint of cannibus.' after they put him in cuffs and searched the car (including under the engine lol) the officer decided that it wasnt enough, and they wanted a dog to search the car, so they impounded his car and took him to the station. wtf, you ask yourself? yeah, exactly. and not to get ot, but when the fuck do cops carry loaded M-16's in their passenger seats? not only did the officer who pulled them over have one, but when dennis and i were waiting at the station we saw 3 more cops loading or unloading their M-16s from their vehicles! what could possibly happen around this town? the worst is some speeding or some kids on the beach drinking and gettting their fuck on.

anyways, that sucked up most of saturday trying to get his car out of the impound, and we started that evening doing prep for paint and started the paint that night. we continued teh next day, finished the paint, got the radiator placed and did a few other miscellaneous bits.

My appologies ahead of time for the rattle can paint job. My paint guy was supposed to help me do the minor bodywork and paint it up in alpine white, before i leave for basic, but he bailed on me. anyways, black is better than bright fucking flat blue. pics are from right after paint, and before we did the trim, shadowline and wheels.

Upon arrival

original color!

restoring the ellipsoids and getting them ready for dissasembly

Washing before prep

BANNANAFOLD!!! :shock:

sanding down and doing prep

testing and first coat

T04E 50 trim (yeah i need to relocate the coil)

Godspeed Project Radiator VS stock..win.

more paint..

Painted, Euro Grilles installed (new kidneys are on the way!)

pictures dont do those taillights any justice. they look sick in person..and darker too

in teh garage

btw, i hate the ride height. needs 1.5 inches more in the front and one inch in the rear. PO didnt install the bumper correctly so its saggy. and no, that front left is not the permanent wheel, its the spare. sad, i know. the dumbass who unloaded my car used a set of 2x4s to get the car off the trailer, and one had a nail in it. nail + tire = fail.

Ive decided that, yeah, probably going to buy a nicer, cleaner E30 with less bullshit problems to sort thru, just to save myself a headache. but that will have to be later on. next in line for the car is to fab mounts and lines for the new oil cooler.

98 540 MSport
    89 325 ix

the bananafold is win. the rest of the car needs to be put out of its misery.

it looks much better in black, but i would prefer bronzit over primer.
    Originally posted by BillBrasky
    That's like Vlad challenging Chip Foose to a car painting contest.
    Originally posted by acolella76
    i'm pretty sure 'Phillis' is short for syphilis
    2007 CVPI, stock and slow
    1994 tercel, 5efhe swap, i/h/e
    1984 t-type, 5.3/th350 swap in progress

My newest addition:
    Rebecca Arlene, born 4/19/2013

Comment

sheesh. was the previous owner a clown?

Comment

I cant believe someone bought that. wait I can. There was a lot of great shit on that car for the money.
        What did it all cost you total..

Comment

Some shots I took of your car...

PO was an interesting dude... I do know how ghetto-rigged that thing is/was... And homie got smoked by a stock m52'ed e30... He couldn't believe it.

I will say I got a super LOL out of the "OBEY" Roundels.

Comment

lol yes, i would have to say some of the stuff on this car is ghetto rigged. im going to have to redo the headlight wiring too, since apparently somebody just lopped them off by the drivers side headlight..thankfully he was nice enough to provide the original roundels (phew).

Originally posted by e30this View Post
            I cant believe someone bought that. wait I can. There was a lot of great shit on that car for the money.
            What did it all cost you total..
            the car only cost me 400...getting it shipped here was almost rape though! cost me twice that. yeah, i know, i could have bought a semi-decent E30 for that price + what ever left over i made on my fiero. like i said, ill probably get myself another e30 in great shape several months down the road, and strip everything i want off this car and sell her as a shell or something. but for now, shes going to get running and rolling..and hopefully i wont blow the motor up before i leave :nice:

98 540 MSport
            89 325 ix

Comment

oh, and a little side note:
              earlier that week, chris (nfshot) was messing around with some guy with a new audi on the freeway. poor guy didnt have a chance. and around 120 his front roundel came undone, and flew off the car!
              so i came up with a new design for one for his car while he was here this weekend

Last edited by maximumangle; 07-14-2009, 02:20 PM.

98 540 MSport
              89 325 ix

Comment

omg you have it!

thank you for taking away the blue...

now you're fucked with the rest of the thing.

does that turbo even work? is it brand name?

is there any standalone piggy?

or did he just bolt a turbo the the car and expect to go....

please dont waste you money man, I would hate to see you loose $$ trying to fix this thing up as we all know they tend to grow on people..

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by e30slut View Post
                  omg you have it!

thank you for taking away the blue...

now you're fucked with the rest of the thing.

does that turbo even work? is it brand name?

is there any standalone piggy?

or did he just bolt a turbo the the car and expect to go....

please dont waste you money man, I would hate to see you loose $$ trying to fix this thing up as we all know they tend to grow on people..

good luck
                  yw, after one day i couldnt stand it myself! the turbo is a no name turbo, and its got a fried bearing on the compressor side. like .050 kind of play! almost touches the side but not quite. it looks like it is savable though. in the mean time i have a 'new' T04E that is almost identical in setup (i believe it is a garret) in the mail, and that one has no play. still in need of an inexpensive wastegate for temporary use, till i get a nice one.

the computer is factory with a dinan chip, stock fuel setup for the most part. not something to run lots of boost on or drive hard, but i figured if i had to, i could get her around town and up onto a trailer, with that setup, till i get something more serious.

im definitely going to own another e30 in the future, so ill make sure at least none of the parts are wasted ;)

98 540 MSport
                  89 325 ix

Comment

daymn.... I am just lost for words

Comment

Really? You left the hood scoop on

Comment

yes i know, hood scoop survives, only bc no mig welder at my house

98 540 MSport
                        89 325 ix

Comment

lol... glad to see you have your head on straight and arent some stubborn prick..

see if you can find a good shell and start to transplant...

gl

Comment

I think it looks 100% better keep it up!!!

Comment

Get an RRFPR and run 6psi, be happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X