Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do all houses in LA have bars on the windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr.dvck View Post
    decorative.
    Lol...

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
      This where your wrong. There are plenty of nice citys by the LAX area.
      Like Bellflower? From what I hear they are all pretty bad but I don't live there lol
      Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
      Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
      Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
      Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Originally posted by nickflic3 View Post
        Like Bellflower? From what I hear they are all pretty bad but I don't live there lol
        bellflower is no where close to lax area, thats more long beach lake wood and downy area.

Comment

a map of LA and the surrounding citys

Comment

a map of LA and the surrounding citys
            The map didnt happen.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
              I was watching "Friday" and I've notice every house has decorative bars on the windows.
              Thats South L.A. One shouldnt judge all of L.A. by one of its worst divisions.
              Originally posted by b*saint View Post
              Inglewood Hawthorne Culver City I know they are all ghetto. ANything by the airport.
              There are parts of Culver City that are upper-middle class. To be honest, I havent seen a bad part of Culver City.
              This where your wrong. There are plenty of nice citys by the LAX area.
              LAX is near the beach, indeed there are multiple cities near LAX that are nice to quite-nice.

L.A. is a huge place and there are lots of places where a couple blocks this direction, you have multi-million dollar houses and then you cross a few streets and there are housing projects. One of these cities would be Pasadena. One wonders how thats possible sometimes. Its much more complicated than a lot of people here would like to portray L.A. It is a huge and varied city and depending on where you go, you can find something normal in that location that would not be normal if you travel 10 minutes in any direction. So you cant really say "Is -blank- normal in Los Angeles?" because there are sooo many different neighborhoods/cities that make up L.A. county that you cant really say anything is normal for the whole county besides smog, and traffic. Thats one of the beauties of living in Los Angeles. That being said, the actual "City Of Los Angeles" is a fraction of the area of the county and does not include many of the cities mentioned. Those would be in the county of Los Angeles.
              Last edited by CleanAzzE30z; 03-07-2011, 03:05 PM.

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
              1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
              1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

City Of Los Angeles:

County Of Los Angeles:

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
                  Thats South L.A. One shouldnt judge all of L.A. by one of its worst divisions.

There are parts of Culver City that are upper-middle class. To be honest, I havent seen a bad part of Culver City.

LAX is near the beach, indeed there are multiple cities near LAX that are nice to quite-nice.

L.A. is a huge place and there are lots of places where a couple blocks this direction, you have multi-million dollar houses and then you cross a few streets and there are housing projects. One of these cities would be Pasadena. One wonders how thats possible sometimes. Its much more complicated than a lot of people here would like to portray L.A. It is a huge and varied city and depending on where you go, you can find something normal in that location that would not be normal if you travel 10 minutes in any direction. So you cant really say "Is -blank- normal in Los Angeles?" because there are sooo many different neighborhoods/cities that make up L.A. county that you cant really say anything is normal for the whole county besides smog, and traffic. Thats one of the beauties of living in Los Angeles. That being said, the actual "City Of Los Angeles" is a fraction of the area of the county and does not include many of the cities mentioned. Those would be in the county of Los Angeles.
                  All that being said... San Diego > LA

LA is just too crowded and I hate having to commute through there if I am headed up north, especially since 3/4 of the time I always hit traffic. If the freeway's were actually improved to handle daily traffic and so forth LA wouldn't be too bad.

Speaking of that they were thinking of making the I5 into a 14-16 lane freeway.

Comment

Mariano for mayor!!

LA is the greatest city on Earth.
                    06' Black Cayman S

71' Agave Green 2002

10' Silver Landcruiser

Comment

^ AE much?

Comment

Originally posted by turge View Post
                        All that being said... San Diego > LA

LA is just too crowded and I hate having to commute through there if I am headed up north, especially since 3/4 of the time I always hit traffic. If the freeway's were actually improved to handle daily traffic and so forth LA wouldn't be too bad.

Speaking of that they were thinking of making the I5 into a 14-16 lane freeway.
                        Indeed the population density of this great city is one of its major pitfalls. The thing is, with freeway expansion, that by the time they usually get the funding and go through all the red tape and actually build the thing/upgrade, it has been rendered obsolete by the increase in traffic and population that has occurred in all that time.

Comment

I've been in L.A. for 2 months. (Well, actually Long Beach). While I fuckin hate long beach, I'm fascinated by L.A. and how large it really is. Coming from NYC, which geographically speaking is VERY small, I'm amazed by L.A.'s vast size. It's motherfuggun huge!

Each area has something different to offer. there seems to be low income areas and high class neighborhoods right next to each other. There are some absolutely beautiful places to go. Today, I drove through the canyons of Topanga and Malibu and along the PCH. Absulutely breathtaking. You get high enough to see the entire city, mountain ranges, etc. On the other hand, there are some shit spots as well.

It's a driving city, and that's the best way to explore and see the sights, get to know different areas. If you roll through Compton in broad daylight, nobody's gonna hijack your car.

Still, it doesn't have a "city" feel. There seems to be a bunch of different small cities bunched up together.

I'm headed down to live in San Diego for a few months, but I had a fun time exploring L.A. Hope to be back soon
                          '87 325i "Chewey" (RIP, my beloved)
                          current:
                          '01 e46 325iT "Dot" - #datwagonlife
                          '87 e30 325i "Tui" - she has her mother's eyes

Comment

I hope to see you at Bfest bud!!

Comment

Working...
                            X