Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schrick 284/272, 288 + adjustable cam gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schrick 284/272, 288 + adjustable cam gear?

Hello guys,

I have a question. With my friend we build two m20b28 stroker's and we have one problem.
    My engine gets schrick cam 284/272, and my friend 288. So question is simply and mayby funny Do we need a adjustable cam gear?

if so, someone will remember as long as you need to move the timing belt on these camshafts?

Btw... I use new m20b25 8.8:1 cr mahle oversize pistons, and my friend use used m20b25 9.7:1 cr mahle pistons.

One picture of my setup...

Thanks!

Degree your motor and you'll find out.

Chances are you'll need to adjust the cam timing to get it in spec.

Comment

Its worth the $90. You can adjust your torque for the most area under the curve on a dyno. A few degrees can make a big difference.

There is a sweet spot where you can retain a broad torque curve with minimal sacrifice in HP, that should be your aim.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I gave you a one word answer here....

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Chances still remain very likely that you'd benefit from one.
        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

its a no brainer, chances of the cam sitting where it runs best is slim. bang for your buck is pretty good.
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

We want to buy a catcams cam gear. Is not expensive, but it actually can make a difference

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
            I gave you a one word answer here....

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Chances still remain very likely that you'd benefit from one.
            Yes, I saw this but I thought that someone will tell me something more about it.

Comment

Working...
            X