No announcement yet.

Hillary Sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think your example is a situation that happens in isolated areas around the country, which leads people (similar to yourself) to feel markedly different about immigrants than people that don't have that type of environment near them. I'm not saying that your viewpoint is in any way a faulty one, please don't see it as an insult.

Which is why I think a portion of the country is so heated about illegal immigrants and the effects of them and a portion of the country doesn't really see it as such a dire problem. This is the root of why there isn't a unified effort to combat the situation, because the gap in perceptions is so wide one solution doesn't really fit.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
      I completely understand your anger at what appears to be an imbalance in the system, where some people pay taxes and others don't. I however have two points to make:

1. Illegals do not have access to all of the benefits that tax payers do.

Yes they can get emergency services if needed at any hospital, but my belief is that anyone who needs immediate medical attention should receive it regardless of where they are from. If someone from Europe was visiting family in the US and needed an appendectomy so they don't die, shouldn't they receive it even though they never paid a penny in taxes?

Illegals also don't have access to Social Security, Medicare, Welfare, etc. A fair chunk of your taxes go to these programs which only taxpayers have access to.

That is not the case. There are many cases of bogus or repurposed SSNs used for fraud.

Also, all of the things our tax money is to pay for is for our, taxpayer, consumption. While I understand your appendectomy idea, the hospital waiting rooms are filled with more than these life saving procedures. Sniffles, aches, bruises, broken bones, etc. If I were to visit overseas, my healthcare would be charged for services rendered just like at home. Do we get refunded for services rendered for that surgery? Or for the wellness check-up?

Now before we get to the hospital, emergency services, transportation funding of highways and mass transport, parks and rec, education.... they take advantagee of those things, yes? There children go to school. Heck, in MD they get preferred status! Now school classrooms are filled to the max. Taxpayers now need to build bigger schools, hire more staff and materials, bring in specially trained personnel such as translators and ESL teachers, free/reduced lunches, pre/post after-school provided activites. Funded by tax money. They paying for it if illegally here?

That was a quick fly-by of school.

Law enforcement and the emergency services? Here is a recent story with enough presence to make its way beyond the local news. (http://wjla.com/news/local/at-least-...in-hyattsville) Just the medical bills in the first 48 hours post crash are well above 2 million... 4 (5, depending who you ask.. an unborn child) fatal. Who gets billed? Who pays?
      Going further down the line...If it continues, does it devalue a medical degree? Already there is a struggle to find med school grads to pursue family practice... not enough money.

That is one call. The amount of calls for service... I'll stop here. To think illegals just exist in the US, while never sapping from the system put in place to benefit the countrymen is undeniably ignorant of the many wonderful things we have built and maintained in this country via taxes.

I agree with a post above.. it is a regional thing I am sure among other strong motivators (employment, marital status, education, health, household). You cannot fathom perhaps until you leave your region, take a new vantage point, whatever it takes to see the other side of the story. Forget the D,R, I .. forget the Fox/MSNBC/CNN... but don't forget who is paying the bills. We are all in this together and there is only so much to go around; we need to be judicious.

I don't mind if a buddy stops in for a beer or shares dinner now and again but if he comes over everyday? I only got so much provisions!
      Last edited by TimeMachinE30; 12-07-2015, 08:25 AM.
      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

They wouldn't be here if there were opportunities for work in their own countries. Not much illegal immigration happening from the USA to Australia or Germany. Not saying it's not happening at all, but it's not a serious issue like illegal immigration from Latin America to here. Step 1 might be to kill NAFTA. Mexican farmers can't compete with the farms here in the USA in their own country! That's why you see so many migrant farmers. They are the sharecroppers of the 21st century and it's still a despicable practice.

We do have enough. We as in the whole society. But we, as in the middle class, do not have enough, to support everyone. We are getting squashed by the 1%. How much did houses cost in 1960s? How much did a reasonable education for a reasonable job cost in the 1960s? The middle class is scrambling over less and less, each year. IIRC, BP paid no taxes last year, but they got a $200 million refund. After that fiasco with deep horizon, how are we letting them get away with that? Raping our environment and stealing our money. How many social services could we provide if all these mega corporations paid their taxes to the fullest extent of the law, not the loopholes they seem to always be provided.

This country is not for the people anymore. It's for the companies. And Hillary sucks, look at her donor list.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

I don't care for Trump either, but I do enjoy that he is so very non-PC:

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/...hvOVGWNL7qy27o

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
            They wouldn't be here if there were opportunities for work in their own countries. Not much illegal immigration happening from the USA to Australia or Germany. Not saying it's not happening at all, but it's not a serious issue like illegal immigration from Latin America to here. Step 1 might be to kill NAFTA. Mexican farmers can't compete with the farms here in the USA in their own country! That's why you see so many migrant farmers. They are the sharecroppers of the 21st century and it's still a despicable practice.

Farily sure the migrant farm workers coming to the USA from Mexico and beyond to all points in the USA during picking seasons, FAR predated NAFTA..... By at least50 years, this is a very poor example and while your sharecropper parallel does work to a certain degree, its not really a good comparison either.

While I agree with nixing of NAFTA for a plethora of reason, the welfare of mexican farmers is not one of them, Though I have to ask why are you so worried about the mexican farmers and not the Smaller FAMILY operated US farms that were hurt by NAFTA??? Seems to me you have your shit a little backwards on this one. IIRC the terms of NAFTA, it should have helped them far more than hurt since it removed all the tariffs from their goods when shipped to the USA, and this put them on a pricing advantage over smaller US based operations. I see way more produce as "product of Mexico" on grocers shelves now than I ever remember pre NAFTA (and I dont buy food from walmart)

Why is the migrant worker such a despicable practice ???? These people go where the work is and follow it, whats so wrong about that??? I agree that the employers and middle men make it a bit more arduous than it could or even should be when it comes to pay rates and so on, there by taking advantage of the situation to stretch thin margins (not saying its right or wrong or that I agree with it either). There are many people in many industries that are Migrants and go where the work is, Look at the Oil/Gas industries we travel all over the place from job to job, it that a despicable thing?? What about a service/field engineer that fixes or builds manufacturing equipment and is in a different factory in a different state or country every 5-10 days, is that despicable??? The traveling marketing/sales guy thats in a different city every other day, despicable ????

They are doing the very same thing the migrant farm workers do, Chase the money in their respective trade or field and send it home to support the family. Picking lettuce and berries may not pay as well or be as prestigious as building a dam or fracking a gas well, but as a man that makes his living and supports a family away from home for extend time periods, I have the utmost respect for what they do. They are far better than I in this respect as they work far harder and for much less money, by US standards anyway, though to many its a great living, and provides a good income for their families back home, its all relative to what your accustomed to..... I say good for them, and you might want to check your righteous indignation at the door.
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-20-2015, 07:06 PM.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Yes, Hillary sucks, but if she gets the nomination I will vote for her merely to keep the Supreme Court from going any further right.

Are people still arguing about Mexicans taking our jobs? Pew Research study published last month says more Mexicans leaving US than coming: http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/1...ng-to-the-u-s/
              sigpic
              1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                IIRC the terms of NAFTA, it should have helped them far more than hurt since it removed all the tariffs from their goods when shipped to the USA, and this put them on a pricing advantage over smaller US based operations. I see way more produce as "product of Mexico" on grocers shelves now than I ever remember pre NAFTA (and I dont buy food from walmart)
                In theory this would have been true, but the subsidies for corn in the US actually made the price so low that mexican farmers could not compete. I think they've finally ended most farm subsidies in the past 2-3 years and this might not be a problem now.

Growing off-season produce for the US doesn't replace the grains that would have been profitable for mexican farmers to grow but it is nice for us if we want produce that is not seasonal.

Comment

Dont argue with pro economist sleeve now.

I like how quick Hillary was to condemn Sanders camp for the whole database debacle. When Bernie supported her in saying the emails are annoying to bring up all the time.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

He's a nice guy and she's scared of him. She should be though.
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                      That is not the case. There are many cases of bogus or repurposed SSNs used for fraud.

I agree with a post above.. it is a regional thing I am sure among other strong motivators (employment, marital status, education, health, household). You cannot fathom perhaps until you leave your region, take a new vantage point, whatever it takes to see the other side of the story. Forget the D,R, I .. forget the Fox/MSNBC/CNN... but don't forget who is paying the bills. We are all in this together and there is only so much to go around; we need to be judicious.

I don't mind if a buddy stops in for a beer or shares dinner now and again but if he comes over everyday? I only got so much provisions!
                      I agree with much of what you are saying, which is why in my first post I spoke about the need to find a way to monetize immigrant labor, rather than wasting money attempting to kick immigrants out of the country.

My view is like it or not, there will always be immigrants, there are countries with much less border space that suffer from illegal immigration just like the US does. So let's stop trying to run away from it and rather embrace illegals (making it easier to give them labor/migrant status, thus monetizing and taxing their labor).

As to your point about SSN fraud, hell that shit happens all over the place regardless of resident/citizenship because people attempt to make a free dollar. I'm against it totally, but it's not isolated to the immigrant population by any means.

Comment

We sounds like she's in today she got the LGBT endorsement....I'm still waiting for her to say she is.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

The lady who thought it should only be a man and a woman till 2013 gets an LGBT endorsement?

Lol
                          willschnitz

Comment

Voters have short memories.

Unless it's Bush.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Well the HRC didnt even poll their base, they pulled a planned parenthood and have obvious conflicting interests.
                              willschnitz

Comment

We now she claims Obama political appointed Inspector General is conducting a smear attack on here. With the release of over 1300 emails that are TS SCI/CS
                                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                                X