Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving to San Fran, Tips on how not to stab Landlords!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So wife and I are moving to SF next month from the east coast and I'm going crazy here looking at apartments. She has to work downtown in Financial and has never taken Public Transport in her life so ideally we wanted to live in SF.
    But, as I look at the "Shitty" closet-sized apartments and the ridiculous fortunes people want for them I am left wondering... How do landlords not get stabbed more frequently when asking for rent checks each month?

I mean is the Weed there just that good and plentiful no-one thinks about it? 2 bed 800 sqft. starting at $3500 is just stupid especially considering BJ's from prostitutes not included.

Anyway, this is my rant today.
    I love that people ask stupid questions so I dont have.

The public transportation is good. Learn to use it
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Caution: SF natives really do not like the slang "San Fran" for their city.
      OK terms to use - Bay area, SF.
      » PARTS FOR SALE
      » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        The public transportation is good. Learn to use it

+1. so much better than LA's public transportation. my favorite is that each bus stop has live updates on arrival time, so useful.
        sigpic
        @joshua.j.rizo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
        Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377693

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371904

Comment

Look for apartments in Fremont/Union City/Hayward, close to BART which will take your wife to the Financial District easy.

Living in the city is luxury.
          SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
          IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
          BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

whatever you do, DON'T NOT move to San Jose, you will be paying out the ass for a 2 bedroom. I pay half rent with my father and im paying 1100 and I pay all of my schooling

+1 on moving to fremont/newark

+1 on transportation
            |OO=[||][||]=OO|
            /____ALPINA____\

sigpic
            300lbs Deadlift

1987 325es 2.7i chipped
            1992 325i : SOLD
            2004 e46 M3
            2007 e90 M3

Comment

don't live in the financial district.

everywhere near bart in SF is going to be expensive.

look at the MUNI and bus lines - they reach the 90% of the city that the BART does not, even though they are slower.

there are parts of the city that are affordable compared to fidi/soma - areas like the inner sunset, lower haight, divis area are relatively within reach of downtown, but everything is very expensive right now.

commuting sucks, a lot. pick your poison. I moved to the city after I looked at how much gas money and time I was spending (about $400 a month), and subsequently had a commute that was about 15 minutes on a bike or MUNI train.

living in Hayward and working in SF will drain your life force very quickly.

don't capitalize weed.
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_sr24 View Post
                whatever you do, DON'T NOT move to San Jose
                Sooooo... definitely move to San Jose?
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Thanks everyone. Based on commute times I am narrowing my search down to this area in the red square.

I realize this is the expensive shit, but it doesn't seem like we would save a whole lot moving further out. And if its going to be expensive either way we figure we would like to experience the "SF" lifestyle. I've seen apartments popping up in this area in our price range and what we're looking for, granted they move quickly.
                  I'll be out in a week to hopefully secure a spot, and if this doesn't work my second choice now is Uptown Oakland or Emeryville. Emeryville seems to have some "affordable" commercial apartments which at least would make leasing easy.

Still the shitty part is having to let go of my E30, and the majority of my shop tools, but asi es la vida
                  I love that people ask stupid questions so I dont have.

Comment

if you go end up in the sunset/richmond, you might get away with keeping your e30, the houses there have garages.

let me know if you want to chat about what those neighborhoods look like.. I live near the top right corner of your square and like it.
                    cars beep boop

Comment

^Lives in the Castro, bright young lad.
                      SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                      IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                      BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

no no, i visit the castro for buttsexin' and $14 toast

i live up by alamo square now
                        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by mccor023 View Post
                          So wife and I are moving to SF next month from the east coast and I'm going crazy here looking at apartments. She has to work downtown in Financial and has never taken Public Transport in her life so ideally we wanted to live in SF.

But, as I look at the "Shitty" closet-sized apartments and the ridiculous fortunes people want for them I am left wondering... How do landlords not get stabbed more frequently when asking for rent checks each month?

I mean is the Weed there just that good and plentiful no-one thinks about it? 2 bed 800 sqft. starting at $3500 is just stupid especially considering BJ's from prostitutes not included.

Anyway, this is my rant today.

Weed is half price in Denver and higher grade often.

Prostitutes in SF tend to be of the automatic transmission variety and all over downtown/van ness; the closer to downtown the more homeless it also becomes.

If you want good public transit to a downtown fidi district job then Bart is the only option.

Mission is shitty dirty and expensive. No parking either

My tenant happily pays rent every month; Better than fighting the homeless transmissions about having no place to live.

The east bay is slightly better value for rentals and not buttass cold or foggy like SF; everywhere that is slightly sunny in SF has a premium also.
                          OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Try DALY CITY... I use to live there pretty decent area... close to DTSF close to the beach... you get half/half...

Comment

people don't actually go to the beach in sf
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                              X