Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom DSSR's - Version 3!! Stainless Steel - $60 shipped!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet! Glad to hear they might be coming back soon. There's not really anywhere else you can get a 24V 10 degree twist DSSR aside from UUC/Turner, and they're stupidly expensive. I also refuse to deal with Turner anymore, so...

Cheers!

Comment

Any news on these? Would love one for my 318!

Comment

Do you make one for ZF/m52 shifter?

Comment

Have you started to make these DSSR's again? Would really like to get one for my GF's M42 e30. If you are not making them, does anyone know any companies who make M42 DSSR's?

Comment

Hey man, I apologize, but I just relocated for a new job and all my tools are in storage until I buy a house. Hopefully soon. I'm going crazy not being able to build things!

I believe UUC makes a DSSR for the M42, but I have heard that it's too short. 215mm but e30's need a 275mm DSSR.

Mushi, Yes, I can make one for the ZF/M52 shifter if you can wait. Sorry.

Best regards,

Ben
            P.O.S 1989 325is - aka Project Sh*tbox

Project Shitbox - Restomod and other stuff - soon to be 328is

Comment

Originally posted by badwella View Post
              Hey man, I apologize, but I just relocated for a new job and all my tools are in storage until I buy a house. Hopefully soon. I'm going crazy not being able to build things!

I believe UUC makes a DSSR for the M42, but I have heard that it's too short. 215mm but e30's need a 275mm DSSR.

Mushi, Yes, I can make one for the ZF/M52 shifter if you can wait. Sorry.

Best regards,

Ben

Sure thank you sir. hope everything goes well.

Comment

Seller accepted an offer on a house so as long as it doesn't fall through (no reason it should) I will move in mid December.

I'll be back to building DSSR's and other parts (to be revealed later) then!

Comment

Originally posted by badwella View Post
                  Seller accepted an offer on a house so as long as it doesn't fall through (no reason it should) I will move in mid December.

I'll be back to building DSSR's and other parts (to be revealed later) then!
                  Awesome, congratz! Shoot me a pm as soon as you're back in business.

Comment

Any update? I would love to get one made for my E36!

________________________1988 528e Rally-xmobile___________________
                    2014 WDCR Rally-X MR Season Champion, 2014 NE Div. Challenge MR Winner

Comment

I need a 10* tilted!
                      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Hey there.
                        I wanted to ask what materials you are/were using to make these?
                        A36 steel?

Comment

Hi everyone, it's been a long time. I am settle into my new job and have moved into my new house. I have also been working on a new version of the DSSR to offer.

These will still be made in custom lengths, twists, angles, whatever, and will be made from 304 stainless with CNC bent laser cut end pieces.

This will serve to increase my quality control as well as (hopefully) reduce my production time. It's just me making these in my time away from my real engineering job.

I have yet to get my manufacturing costs settled as my stainless parts supplier is out for the next few weeks. Once I have my prototypes made, I will update here and begin taking orders at that time.

Thanks to everyone for their patience.

Best regards,

Ben

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Also interested in 1.
                            sigpic
                            Current:
                            92 325ic Mtech 770
                            99’ 528it
                            Past:
                            02’ 325it - 88' 735i - 88' 325ic - 89' 325is - 85' 325e
                            90' 535i - 95' 530i - 03' 530i - 88' 325ic

Comment

more than interested. i have everything but the DSSR and selector joint to complete my parts for a shifter rebuild
                              '87 Vert, Black, 5-sp
                              '15 Civic Si, White - Daily commuter
                              '15 MB C300 Sport, White/Cranberry - Wife's

Comment

Update 7/7/17:

So, I've been working with a small company to have my DSSR parts laser cut from 304 stainless to offer you guys. I sent my initial CAD files to this company back on April 26th and only recently got a picture of the parts I designed as their own personal issues delayed work on mine (due to my small order).

Much to my chagrin, Garagistic just revealed a DSSR with a design very similar to mine. Hopefully they don't try to sue me or something, but I have email documentation and timestamped drawings to prove I had this design months ago. Plus, there are no patents for DSSR's at this time (at least none that I have located). I digress....

I made a personal decision to work with and support a small business to have my parts cut and bent. However, in light of this recent discovery, I believe this is what cost me the first reveal as I chose not to seek out another company with a faster timeline. Just a part of learning the business world I guess. I'm an engineer, not a businessman. Congrats to them for their product delivery.

Anyway, here's a glimpse of what I will be offering soon:

I will make custom length, twist, configuration, etc. whatever you need in both powdercoated carbon steel and 304 stainless. Like before, I will include the washers and hardware as part of the package. I will have a price for the units when I have photos to show of a completed DSSR. Until then, I appreciate everyone's patience and I apologize for the continued delay in production. These units being CNC cut and bent will reduce my production time significantly allowing me to get these out much quicker than before.

Thank you and best regards

Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X