Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    Nope, there is approx. 40-45 "Tea Party" R's in the House, once the rest of the party sees that these nut-jobs who believe in the Rapture (Made up in the 1800s), cause the rest of them to lose their seats, they will quickly send them back into the shadows.
    Plus, I mean, there's this: http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...45b_story.html
    Business groups stand by Boehner, plot against tea party

Now that the shutdown and debt-ceiling fight have exposed a rift in the Republican Party, lines are being drawn in the battle for control: On one side, there is Boehner and his circle of powerful business allies. On the other, tea party lawmakers and activist groups such as Heritage Action and the Club for Growth.

“I don’t know of anybody in the business community who takes the side of the Taliban minority,” said Dirk Van Dongen, longtime chief lobbyist for the National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors who has known Boehner since the lawmaker’s first election.

In the hallways of the country’s leading trade associations, there is talk about taking on tea party Republicans in at least three states.

The first is Michigan, where Rep. Justin Amash, who had been challenging Boehner during the debt-ceiling fight, is facing a possible challenge from a business-backed candidate. Business lobbyists also talk about funding a challenge to another tea-party-backed Republican incumbent, Rep. Kerry Bentivolio.

Another area for possible combat occurs in a special election next month in the 1st District of Alabama, where former state senator Bradley Byrne, a self-described business-oriented Republican, faces off against Dean Young, a tea-party-endorsed candidate who says he’s “against homosexuals pretending that they are married.”

The fourth possible race is in Idaho, where business groups are talking of lending support to Rep. Mike Simpson, a Republican incumbent. Simpson faces a tea party challenger who has pushed the eight-term House veteran to support the “defund Obamacare” strategy adopted by the tea party.
    There may still be grassroots effort with people wearing colonial hats, but the big dollar donors in business suits will be supporting the other, more moderate and reasonable guy in the primaries.

Comment

^
      I am not pro gerrymandering either, just pointing out that both sides are guilty of this, no more no less. I think districts should be random and squared off.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        ^
        I am not pro gerrymandering either, just pointing out that both sides are guilty of this, no more no less. I think districts should be random and squared off.
        Done by an independent commission.

Like in California.

Where hunting is lame.
        2011 1M Alpine white/black
        1996 Civic white/black
        1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
          Done by an independent commission.

Like in California.

Where hunting is lame.
          The lameness of hunting knows no borders.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            ^
            I got the context, I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of pointing fingers at just one side pulling the stunt. Your calling me out only shows that in your rush to jump on a gotcha you missed the point entirely
            It's not pointing fingers, we were explicitly discussing the fact that the TEA PARTY members are mostly from gerrymandered districts and may not lose their positions due this immense act of douchebaggery. It has nothing to do with other parties. Stop with the false equivalency fallacy bullshit.

Comment

Working...
            X