Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

86 325e to 325i head swap...Parts needed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86 325e to 325i head swap...Parts needed??

I am a complete newb to working on cars. I seriously have little to no experience and forum I read people start talking car lingo and I don't fully understand. Please keep any replies dumbed down to help me understand. SO I have been talking to several people and looking on forums. I want to swap my 325e head to a 325i head. I've been told I keep the torque of an e with the power of the I. What are all the parts needed for this? Could I not just buy an entire 325i engine and swap parts? What year 325i should I look for? Is there anything else that will be NEEDED?

Please help.

E to I head conversion
    ^^^^
    This will help you with most of what you need, what you are doing is called a stroker motor. Where you combine all BMW parts into one great powerful monster. What your thinking of doing is m20b27i you can go up to m20b31 (so far that I have seen from a member named digger).

However, if you are thinking about force injection (turbo) then just swap out the head. just swapping the head will give you a low compression and you will be able to put a lot of boost.

In the end, there is many ways you can go along with this. just follow your heart.
    |OO=[||][||]=OO|
    /____ALPINA____\

sigpic
    300lbs Deadlift

1987 325es 2.7i chipped
    1992 325i : SOLD
    2004 e46 M3
    2007 e90 M3

Comment

Working...
    X