Project Overly Ambitious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
    Give them a call. More responsive over phone.
    Yeah, I'm usually able to get answers over the phone too

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    My current E30 M62B44 swap

Comment

As I get closer to “finishing” I’m getting more anxious to drive the damn thing. It starts up super well, just as if it came with the V8 from the factory- it’s a real morale booster.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
        As I get closer to “finishing” I’m getting more anxious to drive the damn thing. It starts up super well, just as if it came with the V8 from the factory- it’s a real morale booster.

Looking forward to seeing in the roads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cluster is in but has issues- when the car is started up the tach doesn't move. I wired in the original Garagistic tach splitter, I wonder if it's dead?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
          Transaction feedback
          - jpod999

Comment

Cluster is in but has issues- when the car is started up the tach doesn't move. I wired in the original Garagistic tach splitter, I wonder if it's dead?
            Our does the same thing sometimes, did you try revving it?
            My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Originally posted by 36brua View Post
              Our does the same thing sometimes, did you try revving it?

That’s interesting, I probably should have just gone with the Dakota Digital box instead.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

That’s interesting, I probably should have just gone with the Dakota Digital box instead.
                Does the Daktota box require a 4cyl coding plug like the garagistic module does?

Im leaning towards designing my own, should be a simple cheap little board with the 4cyl coding plug.
                We're in deep now boys
                1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
                1988 340iL - Track car
                My M60 V8 swap thread here
                [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

I think you tell it the signal coming in and the signal you want going out.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

I think you tell it the signal coming in and the signal you want going out.
                    Yep. That's what I'm using, simple to wire in and can support a variety of engine sizes in case you upgrade to a v10 later on...
                    1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

So for anyone out there who is doing an M62 swap with the 6spd, this is proof that you don't need to run the E34 damper wheel and crank sensor. Just make sure to run the OBDII flywheel and transmission!

To make this happen I pulled the crank sensor out of the passenger side harness pack and pulled the wire out through the back of the harness pack so that I could run it down towards the transmission. This is shielded wire that runs to a three pin connector (one of the pins being ground). The biggest PITA with this setup is that the OBDII crank sensor has two pins and I found depinning the OBDI connector to be difficult. Once I had the connector depinned I cut off the pins and crimped on two new OBDII pins (the OBDI pins I guess are different and wouldn't go into the two pin connector- your mileage may vary) that I picked up at my local dealer. I extended the ground wire and crimped on a ring connector, shoved the two new pins into a two pin connector I had laying around which I then plugged into the crank sensor, and grounded the ring connector to the transmission via the crank sensor bolt.
                      Is it safe to assume that both engines use the same reluctor pattern? Just one being from the flywheel and other being damper? Could it really be as simple as rewiring one sensor? I have alot of questions going through my head right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ReSoP View Post
                        Is it safe to assume that both engines use the same reluctor pattern? Just one being from the flywheel and other being damper? Could it really be as simple as rewiring one sensor? I have alot of questions going through my head right now.

Yup! (to everything above)

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                        Transaction feedback
                        - jpod999

Comment

Behr Z3 S54 radiator and E34 540i throttle cable on order.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                          Transaction feedback
                          - jpod999

Comment

Behr Z3 S54 radiator and E34 540i throttle cable on order.
                            I did the s54 rad as well. haven't test fitted yet. garagistic recommended a e34 530i throttle cable, it seems to work good
                            We're in deep now boys
                            1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
                            1988 340iL - Track car
                            My M60 V8 swap thread here
                            [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

I did the s54 rad as well. haven't test fitted yet. garagistic recommended a e34 530i throttle cable, it seems to work good
                              The z3m rad fits perfectly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                              My current E30 M62B44 swap

Comment

Probably the same part number if I had to guess.

Originally posted by wspellmann View Post
                                The z3m rad fits perfectly.
                                Good news!
                                Last edited by jpod999; 08-09-2017, 05:58 AM.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                                Transaction feedback
                                - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                                X