FS: 1988 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1988 325is

This is originally a west coast car brought to the east coast by a collector in the mid 2000s when it was bought from the original owner with 150,000 miles on the car. It has been meticulously maintained throughout its life (I have receipts from its first services back in the late 80s) and since my ownership (starting at 164,xxx miles) it has seen a lot of tasteful upgrades in my opinion. I'm an OEM+ guy. The car has about 200k on the chassis however over the winter of 2015 (about 30k ago) I had the head built at a local shop; George Riggins Specialty Auto for anyone that may know the name. The car has a schrick 284 cam with the supporting hardware. Its a beautiful example of an e30. The car is 99% rust free, has a crack free dash, original bronzit beige paint (7.5/10), and a black sport interior.

Overview:
    200k on chassis 30k on head rebuild (Timing belt and water pump done at the same time)
    Sitting on 16x8 e38 style 5s with e30sport 5 lug adapters
    HR Race and Bilstein sports with CSS poly stack pads
    Condor Speed Shop solid motor/trans mounts
    Front suspension refresh last winter (tie rods, control arms, strut mounts, front/rear end links. CSS solid offset CABs
    Turner Chip
    Kamotors cold air intake
    Red46 skid plate
    New power steering pump
    slave cylinder was done like 30k ago
    Has a complete black sport interior that I just swapped in from the original tan.
    Original headliner in 9.5/10 condition
    Renown steering wheel, 2mshiftboot, Condor tall weighted shift knob.
    I have a lot of extra parts too, mtech 1 steering wheel, misc. stuff, original 14inch weaves.

Most recent work done (as of June 2017):
    New power steering pump and fluid
    Brake fluid flush
    Coolant flush
    muffler delete;)

Cons:
    The paint has its flaws but is still really good for being original
    Needs an oil pan gasket but I'm taking care of that next week
    Doesn't have head studs so since the rebuild I've replaced the head gasket twice times because I had small leaks and the head lifts very slightly right behind the headers. Not a big deal but it is a thing.
    A/C works but that shit is old
    Throwout bearing chatters in neutral.
    Could use new shifter bushings
    Clutch is good but the next owner would probably like to replace it. I don't beat the shit out of this car so the clutch is fine in my opinion. Its the only thing that needs to be done to make this car perfect.

Im sure Im missing some stuff so shoot me a PM. This is an extremely clean example of an e30 and Ive really tried my best to keep the car nice. It kills me to sell it but its time for something newer for the commutes to and from college.

Asking $10,000

Before anyone gets upset about picture quality PLEASE message me and lets talk over the phone and I can get any pictures per request. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by notsoslowbronzit; 01-20-2018, 07:59 PM.

Bump

Comment

Here are a few pictures of the car but if you are interested at all PLEASE get in touch with me and I can send plenty more. I always have trouble uploading pictures on here so these are a bit dated. (car is currently on 16x8 weaves)

Feel free to inquire about anything and I'll be more than happy to answer your questions.
      Attached Files

Comment

Bump

Comment

$10,000
          Last edited by notsoslowbronzit; 01-20-2018, 07:45 PM.

Comment

BUMP

found a car I'd like to move on!!!

Comment

I suggest you take some detailed photos and host them on a decent place then post them here. You put three photos up which were short on details and size.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Bump. I can take as many pictures for you upon request or inquiry!

Comment

Ill do my best to get more pictures up tomorrow on here too!

Comment

pictures of the car at h2oi
                      Attached Files

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by notsoslowbronzit View Post

The paint has its flaws but is still really good for being original
                          Needs an oil pan gasket but I'm taking care of that next week
                          Doesn't have head studs so since the rebuild I've replaced the head gasket twice times because I had small leaks and the head lifts very slightly right behind the headers. Not a big deal but it is a thing.
                          A/C works but that shit is old
                          Throwout bearing chatters in neutral.
                          Could use new shifter bushings
                          Clutch is good but the next owner would probably like to replace it. I don't beat the shit out of this car so the clutch is fine in my opinion. Its the only thing that needs to be done to make this car perfect.

Im sure Im missing some stuff so shoot me a PM. This is an extremely clean example of an e30 and Ive really tried my best to keep the car nice. It kills me to sell it but its time for something newer for the commutes to and from college.

Asking $10,000
                          Build Threads:
                          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

10000? US currency?

Comment

Allaloneallaloneallaloneallaloneallaloneallaloneal laloneallaloneallaloneallaloneallalone
                              allaloneallaloneallaloneallaloneallaloneallaloneal laloneallaloneallaloneallaloneallalone
                              allaloneallaloneallaloneallaloneallaloneallaloneal laloneallaloneallaloneallaloneallalone
                              Allaloneallaloneallaloneallaloneallaloneallaloneal laloneallaloneallaloneallaloneallalone

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                              X