e36 seats in an e30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e36 seats in an e30.

Kind of suck, i suggest against it. I sit up really high now, seats are uncomfortable to boot.

I liked my eBay "racing seats" better. =\

which e36 seats do you have, and how did you mount them? got pics?

Comment

No pictures as of now, they're the non-sport seats, but still, i have to lay back stupid far to see my gauges properly, if i sit in a natural position upwards my head hits the ceiling (i'm only 6'). They also have a booster type lever, i have to have that set all the way down.

I mounted one corner to the factory stud on the corner toward the center console, then just drilled holes in the floor for the rest.

They seem to sit too far towards the center console as well, but that's the only way they'll clear everything. I feel like i'm too far from the door.

Comment

Originally posted by O 16581 72452 5 View Post
        I mounted one corner to the factory stud on the corner toward the center console, then just drilled holes in the floor for the rest.
        You mounted them incorrectly. You can't use that stud or they'll be cock-eyed toward the center...
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat View Post
          You mounted them incorrectly. You can't use that stud or they'll be cock-eyed toward the center...
          I didn't see any other way to get them in, they hit the seat belt rail any other way and i couldn't scoot them forward if i mounted them the rails more forward to clear that seatbelt rail (to get the bolts in for the rear holes), they hit the center console flare towards the radio.

They do look nice, but i'm mildly disappointed. The offset isn't bad enough that i really notice, my gauges look centered in my steering wheel when i look at them. If they were any closer to the door, i wouldn't be able to use the levers on the left. The door just seems like it's forever away from me. :P

Comment

Ban !

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Yeah, the non sport seats (that we have in our 318 at least) are hard as a rock and don't compare to my friends beautifully comfy (although stripped-gear) sport seats. That sitting up too high thing would totally throw me off though

Comment

Please keep the bullshit out of my threads, every post in my threads from you is "ban !"

This is actually a serious thread to anyone considering this, it's not uncommon.

Comment

Originally posted by skuyler View Post
                  Yeah, the non sport seats (that we have in our 318 at least) are hard as a rock and don't compare to my friends beautifully comfy (although stripped-gear) sport seats. That sitting up too high thing would totally throw me off though
                  Probably the same thing, these were from a 325 Sedan. Nearly perfect condition, i just wish they were comfy. Only paid $50 for 'em though. :)

Comment

Originally posted by O 16581 72452 5 View Post
                    Please keep the bullshit out of my threads, every post in my threads from you is "ban !"

This is actually a serious thread to anyone considering this, it's not uncommon.
                    I usaully give you some sort of shit but I think thats the first "ban" that I've used .

And you stupid motherfucker how can this be a serious thread when your retarded ass did everything on the install wrong and half-assed .

Do us all a favor and keep your mindless drivel in the OT .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                      I usaully give you some sort of shit but I think thats the first "ban" that I've used .

And you stupid motherfucker how can this be a serious thread when your retarded ass did everything on the install wrong and half-assed .

Do us all a favor and keep your mindless drivel in the OT .
                      Should i have used adapter plating and raised it even more? :P

Comment

Working...
                      X