No announcement yet.

DynoMax Super Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Ive put about 6k on it now and its definately starting to get a little louder, still no droning though. Still a fan.
    Back to my roots

Comment

A sound bite would be great :)

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm3n528 View Post
        Post them up. I've yet to hear a good sounding M42.

:D
        :( ouch.

This is sad, but it is hard to get any 4-banger to sound as good as a 6.

Comment

Just saw this thread got bumped and I had completely forgotten about it. Ive got about 10k on the muff now and its definately opened up a bit and is alot louder. Nothing to bad but I noticed when I do long road trips (Im talking like 200 + miles here) it starts to drone a bit. Nothing to bad but definately a little annoying after 7 hours in the car kind of thing.
          Back to my roots

Comment

if you don't mind sharing, how much was the muffler+installation? also, if anyone has any sound clips with the dynomax on an m42 that would be great. thinking about getting one soon.

thanks

Comment

Cars going into hibernation this weekend but I hope to get her all shined up and waxed for that period. Ill probably take a few pics and try to host a vid of me driving it around. Should give at least some impression of how it sounds.
              Back to my roots

Comment

I just got this put on. Seems pretty quiet- so far it's quieter than my stock one, but that's probably because the old one was rusted out.

Comment

Itll open up alot man once you put some miles on it.
                  Back to my roots

Comment

in the first couple hundred miles, did you notice a hot-glue sort of smell from the muffler?

Comment

I think the Walker Super Turbo has got to be the best sounding inexpensive muffler around. I love them.

I went to a Walker "UltraFlo" on my last car. Really quiet, deep, mellow sound. Basically the same as the super turbo, but 100% stainless steel, inside and out.

I put almost 100,000 miles on it and it never got much louder.

Thanks for reminding me how good these really are.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Yeah I noticed the smell, it goes away. I also managed to hit a plastic trash bag that stuck to my cat, now I get that smell till it burns off.
                        Back to my roots

Comment

Quick question, what inlet/outlet did you go with? I'm assuming 2 1/4, but which inlet/outlet locations for best fit? Thanks.

Comment

Im pretty sure I went offset 2 1/4.
                            Back to my roots

Comment

Working...
                            X